Merry Xmas Boys & Girls

Day

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I was going to start a thread the other week, asking about this forums birth and subsequent rise to these dizzy heights.

How did Daveo and Boycie get together? Have you ever met in real life?

How long were you a little band of happy Rammies before us lot from t'telegraph piled over to spoil it all?

Is it quality over quantity = or would you not change a thing about it as it is now?

Have you ever wanted to throw in the towel?

Just curious.  :)

Me and Boycie met on the NEP forum, winding up the Forest fans our love for each other grew into a beautiful relationship.

We opened a forum called The Halfway House derbyvforest.co.uk....soon became apparent that the Red Dogs could only give and not take it, unless they had won they wouldn't be on. Gave it up as a bad idea and on 29th January 2009 we opened this place, was slow at first with a few trickling over from the DET, PTR (Pear Tree Ram) joined much to the disgust of a few and they left to join up with COYR's that had just opened.

We used to have around 100 online including guests on, maybe 40 or so regular posters, we only had I'd say 2/3 troublesome members but you could leave it all weekend and come back and find no arguments going off which was nice....then the DET shut down and this place exploded. Guessing because we was at the top of Google for Derby County Forum we took in most of the immigrants, COYR's also had a new member review panel and you had to be approved to be let on probably deterred a few.

I personally have took a few breaks from the forum, when you're on here for so long it can take its toll with all the BS, especially when you have to warn members so many times and causes uproar when you have to ban them, members don't always see what gets posted as the moderators are quickly on things.

Also been disagreements in the mod room which I've had a mini break over but I've never thought of jacking it all in.

I'm kinda happy with how it is now, quite a few members I'd happily buy a pint and a few I'd like to sit down and explain why we do things the way we do, always going to have a few that want to have pops at the way we run this place but it's not like we have taken them hostage so I take it as a compliment they are still here ;)

Merry Christmas to one and all, also my daughters 1st birthday tomorrow so it's doubly exciting! First Christmas and First birthday! Was our greatest gift last year, albeit 4 weeks early.

No I don't have any footage.

You know, I was going to start a thread the other week, asking about this forums birth and subsequent rise to these dizzy heights.

How did Daveo and Boycie get together? Have you ever met in real life?

How long were you a little band of happy Rammies before us lot from t'telegraph piled over to spoil it all?

Is it quality over quantity = or would you not change a thing about it as it is now?

Have you ever wanted to throw in the towel?

Just curious.  :)

Future low budget British film? The Unsocial Feckwork?

Merry Christmas everyone.A special mention to the moderating team/administrators,who do a difficult and thankless task rather well-so thanks for your efforts on our behalf over the past year.

Archived