Leicester league show

TopRam

That's just how Claridge is, head down, no eye contact. He's about as suited to an on-camera role as I am. I really don't see the whole 'through gritted teeth' / Looking uncomfortable thing as in any way specific to us. Look at how he stumbled around the treatment of gay players issue.

I don't really get the hatred for the FLS, think a lot of it is in people's heads. They've always focussed on us East Midlands teams a bit more than they should.

It's pretty rare that the talky bits have ignored us, even when we were doing nothing of great note under Nigel. We're pretty low on the list of those with cause for complaint.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I can't stand Manish or Claridge and this week was worse than ever.
How unbelievably awkward were the two of them after the piece about Robbie Rogers? Christ, they couldn't get their words out, it was embarrassing to watch them stutter over the words "gay" and "homosexual" like school kids

Personally I can't stand Manish or Claridge and this week was worse than ever.

How unbelievably awkward were the two of them after the piece about Robbie Rogers? Christ, they couldn't get their words out, it was embarrassing to watch them stutter over the words "gay" and "homosexual" like school kids

It was pathetic. It was like they were trying not to swear on tv. This is slightly off topic but why do we make a big issue of gay sports people. So what if Robbie Rogers is gay? Why is it a big topic of news? Loads of people are gay for christ sake.

Of course it's a big deal.

Name 5 professional footballers who are out, if there's that many. 92 league clubs with let's be conservative, 20 players per team. Can you name even 3 out of 1840 players? That's less than 0.2% of a conservatively low estimate.

That's why it's news.

Why on earth is forest birmgham one of the main games tonight on the football league show?? Leicester is the main game again it does my head in we have won 7 in a row but still not a main games!!!!

The main game is chosen before it happens.

TFLS doesnt send a commentator to every game like MOTD.

The game is chosen and the media company sells that game to countries around the world.

Many a time derby have featured in this game, when neither team has had anything to play for.

The main game is chosen before it happens.

TFLS doesnt send a commentator to every game like MOTD.

The game is chosen and the media company sells that game to countries around the world.

Many a time derby have featured in this game, when neither team has had anything to play for.

The BBC don't send commentators to every game. They get their commentators to commentate on the highlights.

However, it's the fact there's not 1 camera at most games from the Championship downwards which causes the problems.

The main game commentator is still nothing to do with the beeb.

I watched the whole match on Fox soccer via the net when we beat swansea a couple of years ago with the same commentator.

Same network same commentator for derbys cup defeat to a then premiership birmingham also 2 or 3 years ago.

The main game commentator is still nothing to do with the beeb.

I watched the whole match on Fox soccer via the net when we beat swansea a couple of years ago with the same commentator.

Same network same commentator for derbys cup defeat to a then premiership birmingham also 2 or 3 years ago.

They just take the World Feed, BBC cut back FL coverage from the start of last season.

This show really isn't that bad any more, Leicester get featured a lot but that's because they're challenging at the top, we've been a main game or feature a hell of a lot too this season in comparison with sides like Charlton and Bournemouth. I noticed it a week or two ago, we must be one of the highest for being a main game or at least spoken about each week.

As far as coverage of us goes it's much improved. Claridge isn't that bad, he just runs through every other cliche as he's asked about every team that did well/badly each week and has to come up with something. Personally I quite like Leroy Rosenior, although most of his comments do seem to be "I worked with ___ at ___, I know how he likes to work". Seems like he must've worked with half of football given how often he says that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived