Plaza on hold

alexxxxx

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where was this meant to be? Not exactly much room around the stadium now.

Meant to be in the West Stand Carpark I think?

Funny how the modern stadiums get criticised for being fields in the middle of nowhere. Pride Park's going to be absolutely surrounded in a decade's time. No different to the old grounds, apart from the function of the buildings which surround them.

First post on here in a long time but thought i'd give my opinion why it may be on hold. I remember the plaza was downgraded from the original plans and made smaller, could it be that beacuse we are withing touching distance of the PL the powers that be are waiting to see what happens, it could be they see the revised plans too small again IF we were to in the PL again?

First post on here in a long time but thought i'd give my opinion why it may be on hold. I remember the plaza was downgraded from the original plans and made smaller, could it be that beacuse we are withing touching distance of the PL the powers that be are waiting to see what happens, it could be they see the revised plans too small again IF we were to in the PL again?

That's what I think. The plans need to accommodate a potential increase in demand, which is why they should be scrapped in their current form. That area of PP could become a sporting hub. Already there a several gyms, 5 a side football pitches, tennis courts, a football stadium and now a velodrome with a gym and other sporting facilities. Perhaps the council will consider a new athletics stadium and Olympic sized pool too. 

Who's the guy in the pink shirt and white trousers? Looks like he's marching around to the away fans. **** is going to kick off.

It's Gary Oldma...... Whoops sorry Bex Bissell.

Archived