Martin doubtful for Donny game

admira

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no fan of Sammon but if he does get a start, it's fair to give him a decent crack at it. Can prove me wrong anyday!

Or, do you think the management are playing up the injury with some slight misinformation?

It happened with Ward.

'Out for 6 weeks' turned into 'playing today, sorry, my bad'

It happened with Ward.

'Out for 6 weeks' turned into 'playing today, sorry, my bad'

Agreed, King Billeh used to do this a lot too. Now he just pretends he's after multi million pound players and pretends to pull the plug on signing them when they reject his empire of doom

I hope this shin injury wasn't because he was not wearing shin pads. Really winds me up when players train without them. Imagine being an owner and your star player on a ridiculous wage can't play for a month because of an injury that occurred in training through not wearing shin pads. 

I must be the only one the likes paraody accounts.

In fact they supply the only interesting/amusing things I've ever seen on twitter.

very few of them are remotely amusing. most of them are just poor copies of other poor copies.

Will be shocked if Martin doesn't play to be honest. If not though Russell over Sammon 100%. We play it on the deck so Russell will be much more effective holding it up. Also Russell's clever runs in behind with the pace he has could rip Donny apart. Do they still play that donkey Rob Jones at centre half?

If he doesn't play then I think Bryson may have a less effective game.

They all fire those fast passes into his feet and expect it to hold. They give him the ball when he's under pressure and bomb right on past him knowing there's a good chance we'll keep the ball whether that be a free kick or otherwise.

I don't see them having the same confidence with Sammon.

I'd rather him be rested against Donny and play against Hudders and Barnsley than play tomorrow and be out for other games.

I'd rather Russell replace him up front but a) I'm not sure how he'd fit into our standard game and b) I'd put money on a straight swap with Sammon.

This could be worrying as I just dont think any of our other players give us what Martin does and this will negatively affect the way we play. Have to say that in the Jan window I think we need to get someone sinmilar who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. Another Howard if you like. Sammo - with his two left feet control-wise - just can't do this.

Archived