Are Christmas cards a sign of popularity?

David

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to come across as all Bah Humbug I but I think they are a pain in the arse. I can wish people I want to have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year by telephone, in person, text or email.

I'm just putting stamps on ours as I type and I could have bought 25g of baccy with what the stamps cost me.

We don't need them in this day and age but we send them so as not to come across as some kind of old skinflint. Personally I couldn't give a toss if I don't receive a card from someone I have never spoken to all year.

Its a woman thing. Blokes would never send them if they dint have to.

Even worse if the woman works in a factory. They have to send one to every one who works on their Line. Even the ones they detest and slag off behind their back all year.

Fact

disclaimer: this post in no way refers to any person who may happen to be married to me. :ph34r:

Its a woman thing. Blokes would never send them if they dint have to.

Even worse if the woman works in a factory. They have to send one to every one who works on their Line. Even the ones they detest and slag off behind their back all year.

Fact

disclaimer: this post in no way refers to any person who may happen to be married to me. :ph34r:

erm, how many people happen to married to you? On last count, that is.

I still send them to family and friends but the girls don't anymore which is a shame because I'm struggling to fill the card holders I've got - and we look really sad, I've even put the ones from the Indian and Chinese up and found a couple in the youngests school bag - seriously thinking of filling out with a few from last year.... :ph34r:.

Next year I'll get family cards only. Work mates n stuff, no. Instead I thought about getting the approx. tenner it normally costs me for cards and buying some food to put in our local food bank, someone would benefit more from it that's for sure.

In fact, I still haven't bought my work mates's yet so that's what I'll do :-)

Archived