Marks and Spencer depot Castle Donnington

Mafiabob

Started my new job there today, ITS BLOODY MASSIVE! And I thought my old place ( the Japanese party palace ) was big. It's like the size of three Toyota factories!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, those were the days, forklift races used to be brill. We had a battery operated flatbed car thing once that drove round the factory picking up waste and taking it to the skip. Saturday mornings when there wanna many bosses around we used to race the forklifts on it, give 10 or more lads a lift to the canteen and other jolly japes.

It would be Instant dismissal now, cameras everywhere, elf & safety gone mad! :D

warehouse I used to manage (one of the shifts), and they painted the floor in nice shiny light grey paint. It wasn't long before someone noticed that if you slammed the brakes on your reach truck, it was skid along the shiny new surface.

So on night shift, there was a skidding competition. Basically, you were allowed to do a lap of the pick-face to build up speed, as soon as you crossed the line, slammed on your brakes.

At the end of the week though, we had to paint over all the scorch marks on the painted floor!

warehouse I used to manage (one of the shifts), and they painted the floor in nice shiny light grey paint. It wasn't long before someone noticed that if you slammed the brakes on your reach truck, it was skid along the shiny new surface.

So on night shift, there was a skidding competition. Basically, you were allowed to do a lap of the pick-face to build up speed, as soon as you crossed the line, slammed on your brakes.

At the end of the week though, we had to paint over all the scorch marks on the painted floor!

and he was the manager.

Ah warehouses.....

Can't believe i never worked in one......it sounds greeaat.

I did once work in a shed ......squashing cardboard in a big feckin machine.......does that count?

Archived