"Clough may raid Rams"

drgoodspeak

Regarding the original post, I can see any of the following being eyed-up by Clough:-

Ben Davies

Jake Buxton

Mark O'Brien

Connor Sammon

John Eustace

Adam Ledgzins

Kieron Freeman

Richard Keogh

None of those will be good enough for our Premier League survival campaign, so if Nigel makes his moves early in January, Steve McClaren will have enough time to replace/upgrade, so might allow them to leave.

Can't see Jamie Ward going back to the Blades though

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're close. It was a little to satisfy my urge to create a poll, but if you read it, you can see that I clearly stated that now the dust is settled and the emotion has subsided, that I can see the things he did well, as I'm no longer blinded by the things I think he was doing badly with. Anyway, it's by the by. But suggesting PR is the daftest thing I ever read here. If I was that bothered, I'd have pretended all was rosey like some others did and not shared my honest opinions.

I don't think it's so daft - I'm simply reading between the lines. You know you weren't the most popular poster here during the previous regime, so you're trying to project a more balanced view now things things have swung your way. You may peg it as 'being honest', but your audience won't always interpret things as you intend them too - hence my reading of it as a PR exercise.

Your previous stance on Clough was always negative (though not maliciously so I might add)  - so I think it's forgivable that other posters will take it with a pinch of salt when you post a overtly-positive thread heaping praise on your past-antagonist. 

But yes, we're both diverging from the topic here in our discussion, so I'll drop it hence forth. 

Regarding the original post, I can see any of the following being eyed-up by Clough:-

Ben Davies

Jake Buxton

Mark O'Brien

Connor Sammon

John Eustace

Adam Ledgzins

Kieron Freeman

Richard Keogh

None of those will be good enough for our Premier League survival campaign, so if Nigel makes his moves early in January, Steve McClaren will have enough time to replace/upgrade, so might allow them to leave.

Can't see Jamie Ward going back to the Blades though

Buxton and Keogh might not be starters in the BPL but this year they certainly are. I doubt we'd let them go. John Eustace is one of only 2 CDMs we've got at the minute so he won't go. Conor Sammon is also unlikely as the club will not sell him cheap.

Those players mentioned above are too good for League 1. If they are on Nigel's list, it is wishful thinking on his part because they are all good players at championship level and would be valuable additions to most sides at this level.

Ben Davies is the most likely to go in my opinion.

Can't see Legz or Bailey going there.

O Brien loves Clough, so that could happen.

Ben Davies is probably the most likely.

If Russell goes, I'll put my head in a blender.

If Russell goes, I'll plug it in.

Archived