"Clough may raid Rams"

drgoodspeak

2 possible replies:-

1) I meant he might sign on a Wednesday.

2) ah! I was wondering when someone would spot that.

Genuine answer

At my age I'm allowed to make the odd mistake. What's all this about the Damned United.

Put the Blades away say I.  :rolleyes:

3rd possible reply :-

3) Wednesday ! United ! , Both irrellevent ! , I follow Derby County , not Nigel Clough ! , he can

go back to Gresley , or where ever it is , that he came from !

:angry::lol:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nigel Clough needs to get over Derby, it's in the past.

I'm assuming you mean't that tongue in cheek?  ;)

It's normal for ex-managers to go back to their old club for ex-players. After all that's how we got Bucko and Bray.  No problem from my pov as long as it's one of the peripheral players. We know Nigel does well with the yoof, so loans could benefit both parties. 

I'm assuming you mean't that tongue in cheek?  ;)

It's normal for ex-managers to go back to their old club for ex-players. After all that's how we got Bucko and Bray.  No problem from my pov as long as it's one of the peripheral players. We know Nigel does well with the yoof, so loans could benefit both parties. 

Nope.

Nigel is not allowed to talk about Derby... Derby is not allowed to talk about Nigel.

we need to sever all ties. In fact, he should leave the county and move to Yorkshire.

Nope.

Nigel is not allowed to talk about Derby... Derby is not allowed to talk about Nigel.

we need to sever all ties. In fact, he should leave the county and move to Yorkshire.

Bizarre attitude. He's not slaggin' us off so what's the problem? If anything it's complimentary that he's interested in our players. 

Bizarre attitude. He's not slaggin' us off so what's the problem? If anything it's complimentary that he's interested in our players. 

Sorry. that's just the way it is! I was not slagging Clough in my thread about his positive legacy, but was roundly condemned for the thread. Sorry, his name is not to be spoken.

Sorry. that's just the way it is! I was not slagging Clough in my thread about his positive legacy, but was roundly condemned for the thread. Sorry, his name is not to be spoken.

From my POV, I think the problem with that thread was that it seemed more like a PR move by yourself rather than a genuine homage to Clough's efforts. After spending so much time being argumentative with pro-Clougher's when he was here, and generally talking about wanting him gone, you can't start one positive thread about him and expect everyone to forget and forgive your past stance so quickly. You reap what you sow and all that.

For the record, I don't have a particular problem with people still talking about Clough - even negatively, so long as it's not viscious attacks (I'm not accusing you of that btw). You're entitled to your opinion, and it's interesting to be able to read discussions on his time here. After all, we still reference Jewell, Davies and Burley, so why not Clough too? They are all part of Derby's recent history. 

From my POV, I think the problem with that thread was that it seemed more like a PR move by yourself rather than a genuine homage to Clough's efforts. After spending so much time being argumentative with pro-Clougher's when he was here, and generally talking about wanting him gone, you can't start one positive thread about him and expect everyone to forget and forgive your past stance so quickly. You reap what you sow and all that.

For the record, I don't have a particular problem with people still talking about Clough - even negatively, so long as it's not viscious attacks (I'm not accusing you of that btw). You're entitled to your opinion, and it's interesting to be able to read discussions on his time here. After all, we still reference Jewell, Davies and Burley, so why not Clough too? They are all part of Derby's recent history. 

you're close. It was a little to satisfy my urge to create a poll, but if you read it, you can see that I clearly stated that now the dust is settled and the emotion has subsided, that I can see the things he did well, as I'm no longer blinded by the things I think he was doing badly with. Anyway, it's by the by. But suggesting PR is the daftest thing I ever read here. If I was that bothered, I'd have pretended all was rosey like some others did and not shared my honest opinions.

Archived