opportunity v donny

shannonjade

I'd expect us to beat Donny at home and Barnsley away regardless of what position we are in the league. Huddersfield is a real test as well. 7 points from the next three games would be amazing! Sod Chelsea, beat all of the poor teams this season and we can play them twice next season!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's a reason we have a SQUAD and not a team of 11.

If your bench players aren't up to it, they shouldn't be here.

I generally believe in playing your best 11, but some of our options are equal in my opinion, so that allows changes.

What message does it send out to those that are grafting their arses off in training, being real team players, people like Connor Sammon, who's attitude has been first class from what I see and hear, if when the opportunity to use the squad comes along and it isn't taken.

We will end up in a situation like we've had in recent years where players haven't been match-fit and then required to go straight into the team when there's injury or suspension.

This is where McClaren earns his money in my opinion.

I'd go with Russell instead of Ward.

A Because Jonny has looked really sharp the past couple of games he's come on

B I think we'd benefit from another player taking corners & freekicks and Ward's running down blind alley style.

And before you say it, yes I don't like Ward very much...

It was just Hughes in the starting line up and he was poorly sick

you miss the point. At some stage you will have to change the starting line-up, so you need to have as many players possible drilled and adapted to the style of play.

The wheels fall off when you make changes and the players are not prepared and up to speed. So when you have an opportunity to make a couple of 'like for like' changes, where the player coming in is capable of being as effective as the player he is replacing, in the interests of preserving a fully adept and prepared SQUAD, you should take it.

you miss the point. At some stage you will have to change the starting line-up, so you need to have as many players possible drilled and adapted to the style of play.

The wheels fall off when you make changes and the players are not prepared and up to speed. So when you have an opportunity to make a couple of 'like for like' changes, where the player coming in is capable of being as effective as the player he is replacing, in the interests of preserving a fully adept and prepared SQUAD, you should take it.

Yes you say that, but we are not a champions league team. We have options, but we can't afford to be changing things around and getting complacent. I'd change when necessary. Perhaps someone like Eustace will be the only one worth giving a break.

Yes you say that, but we are not a champions league team. We have options, but we can't afford to be changing things around and getting complacent. I'd change when necessary. Perhaps someone like Eustace will be the only one worth giving a break.

Hughes is a young lad he needs a rest now and again.

Imagine once Coutts is fit he would be filling Eustace position

We have Cisse for that role Coutts is not a holding midfielder.

Cisse won't be here for full season. I think it would suit Coutts to be playing there. Think Mac would put him in that position because he won't be filling any other

Cisse won't be here for full season. I think it would suit Coutts to be playing there. Think Mac would put him in that position because he won't be filling any other

You have your opinion on that mine differs I see Coutts as a RM /RW plus he's had a bad knee injury and will be out for the season. I'd keep Cisse he's a good lad.

Yeah sorry I agree 100%.

Archived