i have idea to improve things at pp

B4ev6is

Even from the 800 or do who moved to the South Stand, it's very quiet and only about 50 do sing.

Fact is, football has priced out fans that would do this and replaced it with a breed that sit and watch. To get the fans back who do chant you have to bring a 'crowd' back that generally takes us back to the 80's - many including myself wouldn't feel safe then.

Give me safety any day of the week.

Oh and for the love of Christ, remove goal music, loud music, entrance music and fan cam!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you need to do to get more fans singing is to get those who are prepared to sing to 'sit' together. Derby's away support this season has been consistent for one thing - creating a brilliant atmosphere. The South Stand experiment didn't work in the way it was hoped because a lot of those who moved just did it to save £100 and not to be amongst like-minded fans.

Slightly off topic, but can anyone else remember at the BBG. A group off lads from Heanor used to shout 'Eana, others in the Popside would reply Sharples, and we'd end up with the chant of Ena Sharples* ringing round the ground. Much to the confusion of opposition supporters?

*Early Coronation Street Character.

Ha ha, made me laugh out loud remembering this.  And I still go to matches with some of those Heanor lads! Mostly in their fifties now.

If you like to sing, but feel like your being tut'd at, move to the south stand. Simples.

Because you're probably sitting in an area that has never sung, except the semi play offs agin soton.

It's not their fault, it's yours, you're in the wrong area,

Only a fire would make half of Pride Park shout.

Now the teams winning that excuse has sailed away.

Bet people make noise for Chelsea. Why?

Doncaster are more important.

It's just a ground with a poor atmosphere. There's not many good ones left but Pride Park isn't one of them.

I think what B4 is trying to create is the kind of atmosphere when we played 'Boro at PP when Wanchope was sent off...

The atmosphere created that day was great, and the team was definitely lifted by it (won 2-1 with 10-men).

The main 'chant' that day was simple, and easy to join-in with - "Derby Army, On we go".

I was seated very near to where B4 sits for that match, and most people around me were joining-in - and if not singing they were making a noise by clapping and/or stamping their feet.

Some people were singing "Carbonari, Dorigo", which scans rather well  ;)

Slightly off topic, but can anyone else remember at the BBG. A group off lads from Heanor used to shout 'Eana, others in the Popside would reply Sharples, and we'd end up with the chant of Ena Sharples* ringing round the ground. Much to the confusion of opposition supporters?

*Early Coronation Street Character.

Ha ha, made me laugh out loud remembering this.  And I still go to matches with some of those Heanor lads! Mostly in their fifties now.

Used to love the pre-match banter on the Popside....all the towns and estates had their chants  then just before the players came out one huge DERBY, clap, clap, clap,

btw, utcheter > eena  :ph34r:

Used to love the pre-match banter on the Popside....all the towns and estates had their chants  then just before the players came out one huge DERBY, clap, clap, clap,

btw, utcheter > eena  :ph34r:

There was a crowd of us from Allenton by the fence at the top giving the Allo Allo chant, Then the Heanor Sharples lot along with the I-L-S-O-N we're the boys from Ilkeston mob. Their were a few from Littleover that took some stick in a pisstake kind of way for being posh boys. It was always lively up there and taking the piss out of each other broke up the boredom when the game was crap.

There was a crowd of us from Allenton by the fence at the top giving the Allo Allo chant, Then the Heanor Sharples lot along with the I-L-S-O-N we're the boys from Ilkeston mob. Their were a few from Littleover that took some stick in a pisstake kind of way for being posh boys. It was always lively up there and taking the piss out of each other broke up the boredom when the game was crap.

Remember the surges and mock fighting amongst the lads when the different shouts went up. Us and the Burton lot used to get abuse if we did a "Staffordshire" chant....loved every second of the old Vulcan Street Popside days. from the glory of the early 70's down the front, gradually moving up the terrace as you got older.

All you need to do to get more fans singing is to get those who are prepared to sing to 'sit' together. Derby's away support this season has been consistent for one thing - creating a brilliant atmosphere. The South Stand experiment didn't work in the way it was hoped because a lot of those who moved just did it to save £100 and not to be amongst like-minded fans.

Problem is you can't really do that with seating, unless you had unreserved tickets and the singers were prepared to go in the ground early.

Archived