i have idea to improve things at pp

B4ev6is

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old songs have been heard at at the iPro this season i.e 'In your Nottingham slums, you look in the dustbin for something to eat.....' Has been heard numerous times this season.

Be interesting to know which songs B4 thinks all us old timers sang at the BBG, and what age he considers the older generation to be

Slightly off topic, but can anyone else remember at the BBG. A group off lads from Heanor used to shout 'Eana, others in the Popside would reply Sharples, and we'd end up with the chant of Ena Sharples* ringing round the ground. Much to the confusion of opposition supporters?

*Early Coronation Street Character.

I don't know how to get more singing. I'm usually in West lower, but for the boro game I was in the East stand towards the South end. Tried joining in when the SS were singing, and in fairness, the guy on my right did too. But that was it. Two of us in the whole block. It would be good if they would just clap along with Dale, but even that doesn't happen.

I don't know how to get more singing. I'm usually in West lower, but for the boro game I was in the East stand towards the South end. Tried joining in when the SS were singing, and in fairness, the guy on my right did too. But that was it. Two of us in the whole block. It would be good if they would just clap along with Dale, but even that doesn't happen.

Well I sit towards the SE corner and we always try and join in. Though the SE is a bit quieter nowadays

I don't understand how anyone can go to a match and not sing but then I am one of the ones who sang their lungs out to send the Clough and Taylor and Mackay teams to the top. 

Now I live in the Philippines I still sing my lungs out when they are on TV and for the last few weeks I have been singing my lungs out just watching the live scores.

I don't understand how anyone can go to a match and not sing but then I am one of the ones who sang their lungs out to send the Clough and Taylor and Mackay teams to the top. 

Now I live in the Philippines I still sing my lungs out when they are on TV and for the last few weeks I have been singing my lungs out just watching the live scores.

Sometimes in the West Upper i sing but I feel conspicuous because it's hard singing on your own.

On occasion we all sing in the West Upper though like against Ipswich in the 4-4. I always sing at away matches that's easy.

The thing is B4, I get frowned at for shouting come on Derby in the family stand, wouldn't have bought a ST in there if I'd known. Thinking about giving in and just lapping it up for Donny on Saturday by putting my head on Wards body for a photo, colouring in Rammie and having my face painted.

How is that any different to what you've done previously? We've all seen ya! Though unless you're 3 foot 6 you'll do well to put your head on Ward's body...

Slightly off topic, but can anyone else remember at the BBG. A group off lads from Heanor used to shout 'Eana, others in the Popside would reply Sharples, and we'd end up with the chant of Ena Sharples* ringing round the ground. Much to the confusion of opposition supporters?

*Early Coronation Street Character.

Were they the ones wearing hairnets?

I reckon we should get the old guy in his black and white tails suit, top hat and with his black and white wooden rattle out of retirement, he'll only be about 120 years old now.

What b4 and others don't seem to appreciate is that we fans who started supporting the Rams in the 1940's/50's have gone through many phases in our Derby County supporting lives, as boy and then a youth I sang with the best of 'em, through my 20's/30's/40's this was moderated as often there was not a lot to cheer/chant about.    As my 60's/70's  came to pass my vocal chords were saved for the important things in life like trying to get a pint in the Standard [brewery Tap] on a Saturday night and at the BBG/PPS some of the chants sank to such low levels that I had no inclination to join in.

Finally, the acoustics at Pride Park [aka The Fizzy Pop Stadium] do not lend themselves to the ground as a whole becoming a Rams version of the Soweto Gospel Choir, the vocal following will always be fragmented and I don't see it being any different in my lifetime, perhaps Sam Rush should contact that Gareth Malone chappy to see if he could get him to sort it out.

:rolleyes:

Archived