NOT Football Manager 2014

trekkie_ram

Can anyone else remember when manager games were fun, and not a full time job?

I remember enjoying:

Premier Manager 98 (most recently)

Championship Manager (original, up to 97/98)

Premier Manager (original, on the Amiga)

Ultimate Soccer Manager (Bungs / Betting on your own team!)

The closest you get to that level of fun these days is a sh*tty little apps like New Star Soccer or Football Chairman.

Does anyone know of any 'fun' game that isn't a chore that has been released this century? "/

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first champ manager I had was 4, think it was 02/03 season. It was so good, just had to kick the expensive ******** like ravanelli and burley off the wage list and bring in Tijani Babangida on a free and you were flying. Much more fun than the detailed life-consuming versions you get now

Football Manager is Championship manager, all the same original guys. The Sega Championship Manager is shambles with the name rights they bought. That said i used to get up before school to play Champ 97/98, Inter Milan with Ronaldo and Denilson absolutely magic.

Championship Manager 2 is still the best version they ever did of that game, including the new ones. Loads of depth, but a simplicity that's long since gone (although as I said, Classic Mode is very much a step in the right direction!).

I had an AC Milan game, where I signed Shearer - played Hibs in the Champions League qualifiers and beat them 11-2. It used to have the Clive Tyldesley commentary on it in those days too, that was ace.

If you Google you can download CM2 with up to date team/player rosters.

Championship Manager 2 is still the best version they ever did of that game, including the new ones. Loads of depth, but a simplicity that's long since gone (although as I said, Classic Mode is very much a step in the right direction!).

I had an AC Milan game, where I signed Shearer - played Hibs in the Champions League qualifiers and beat them 11-2. It used to have the Clive Tyldesley commentary on it in those days too, that was ace.

If you Google you can download CM2 with up to date team/player rosters.

what do you have to google?

Archived