Highest scoring Derby midfielder

Stedcfc

One for the stattos..

Bryson getting to 9 goals before half the season has gone is some achievement.

Whats the most goals a midfielder has scored for Derby in a season??

Most recently I can only remember Idiakez and Ian Taylor getting quite a few from midfield but don't even think they managed 9 in a season.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2003-04 Ian Taylor (12 goals) – The veteran midfielder proved to be an influential figure after being drafted in from Aston Villa and made captain by manager George Burley. A tough season saw Derby finish fifth from bottom but Taylor was a bright point, missing only four games, all due to suspension. Half of his goals came from the penalty spot.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/10-Rams-scorers-recent-years/story-19217242-detail/story.html#ixzz2nU9NogTz

if you count commons as a midfielder he got 13 for us.

Alan Durban bagged 22 league goals in 64-65

Edit - but I think he was playing as an inside forward pre Brian

Think those were the days when you tended to have a centre forward and 2 inside forwards,one being what we now regard as striker,and the other being variously termed 'schemer','deep lying inside forward' or anything else you cared to come up with.I suppose in modern parlance he'd have been known as attacking/creative midfielder.In the season you mention,I think Bill Curry (sometimes Ian Buxton) would have led the line,with Eddie Thomas (sometimes Buxton) as partner.

Archived