Derby superstitions

sage

Has anyone got any Derby superstitions?

We used to walk a certain way from the Arboretum and we got promoted under Cox due to me eating Jaffa Cakes before each game (in my mind) and my brother was married for 20 years before his wife realised why he wanted Rice Pudding every Saturday.

Recently I was going to shave before the Sheffield Wednesday game but didn't have time and I haven't shaved since, even through the awkward ginger phase (sorry Duracell) around the Blackpool game. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never tolerate any thoughts of superstition - and I never do that 11 times on match day standing on one leg with a pair of underpants on my head.

I never tolerate any thoughts of superstition - and I never do that 11 times on match day standing on one leg with a pair of underpants on my head.

Try a clean pair and we might get promoted. This also may increase the attendance in your part of the ground.

Never wear anything with even the slightest bit of red on a match day.

This exactly.

Also there used to be a guy who sat near us that did not sit down until the referee blew his whistle for kick off even though every single person around him had say down. We started to copy him as a joke and now we do it just for a laugh really.

We used to walk a certain way from the Arboretum and we got promoted under Cox due to me eating Jaffa Cakes before each game (in my mind) and my brother was married for 20 years before his wife realised why he wanted Rice Pudding every Saturday.

Recently I was going to shave before the Sheffield Wednesday game but didn't have time and I haven't shaved since, even through the awkward ginger phase (sorry Duracell) around the Blackpool game. 

wait, so you ate jaffa cakes with your mind?

Yes. I have at least 5 pints before every game (although I'm not sure this is superstition) :unsure:

I dropped me burger at half time against Blackpool,do you think I should do it again? :)

If so I may need donations. :rolleyes:

Yeah but there's a recession on, so the 3 second rule has been extended to 10, gerrit picked up.

Used to always wear the same clothes to a match until we lost, then I'd change. Don't realy do it anymore.

Also stopped buying a programme years ago when realised we always seemed to lose when I did (turned out we lost pretty much whenever anyway)

Archived