England Team

sage

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is, when you try to pick a team that's good and can beat the top sides you just feel like you can't do it.

You forced to pick Jagielka and Johnson or Walker. You run out of striking options. You start with Rooney and then the quality starts dipping massively when you look for alternatives.

This is how it feels for the England managers who come along to win World Cups!!

We've not got options!!

Not one English player is the best in his position in the entire Premier League. The best arguments are Baines and Hart.

The rest you can probably name 2/3 better players in the same position from the same league.

Townsend? > Cazorla/Ozil/Silva

Wellbeck? > Yaya/Nasri (assuming you want him deeper. Otherwise it's Aguero and Suarez and RVP!!)

It's just how we buy in the best talent and don't produce options for your national sides.

Suppose it's not a bad thing. Depends what you want.

The PL is the richest and most viewed league in the world. If it wasn't so star studded it wouldn't grab the attention. But it would have a lot more Brits playing at the highest levels and give the national side a lot more alternatives.

Rooney?

Nah, who's next?

Sturridge

No ta

Crouch?

Lol. C'mon who's next?

Erm... Rob Hulse?

My team would be one of tall, direct hoofers... We have no chance of outplaying the better teams, we have putting 10 men behind the ball and winning our way through on penatlies..

It would have to be a solid back line with preferably two holding players and tall guys up front.. Play for freekicks and corners and try that way..

Forster

Cole

Jags

Cahill

Micah Richards

Barkley

Lampard

Welbeck

Rooney

Carroll

Crouch

Aim would be to pump the ball up and try and win flick ons.. Have Rooney and Welbeck pull out wide and try to win as many corners as possible.. Surely we'd stand a chance of scoring with Micah Richards, Crouch, Carroll, Welbeck, Jags and Cahill all in the 'mixer'

Going one nil down won't alter our tactics either..

I think England have always performed so much better when they play a proper defensive holding midfielder in the side.

I remember that both Nicky Butt and Gareth Barry were lauded for their contributions when selected, mainly due to the Lampard/Gerrard combo being unavailable.

They aren't world beaters, but every team needs their 'water carrier'.

My team would be one of tall, direct hoofers... We have no chance of outplaying the better teams, we have putting 10 men behind the ball and winning our way through on penatlies..

It would have to be a solid back line with preferably two holding players and tall guys up front.. Play for freekicks and corners and try that way..

Forster

Cole

Jags

Cahill

Micah Richards

Barkley

Lampard

Welbeck

Rooney

Carroll

Crouch

Aim would be to pump the ball up and try and win flick ons.. Have Rooney and Welbeck pull out wide and try to win as many corners as possible.. Surely we'd stand a chance of scoring with Micah Richards, Crouch, Carroll, Welbeck, Jags and Cahill all in the 'mixer'

Pulis for England!

Forster

Cole

Jags

Cahill

Micah Richards

Barkley

Lampard

Welbeck

Rooney

Carroll

Crouch

Swap Lambert for Crouch because crouch is only slightly better at heading than me, and I am awful at heading (although I have scored 2 headers in 5-a-side :lol:)

England bore mel

Welbeck...........sturridge...........walcott

...........wilshere...........Barkley

........................gerrard

Shaw......caulker........jones........walker

.....................hart

Subs......

Oxlade thingummy

Sterling

Shelvey

Townsend

Er........

Thats the trouble

We havent got

Enough decent players

I'd surprise the lot of you and your narrow-minded thinking!

My team, assuming it's World Cup, Vs Italy would be

Hart

Cahill Dawson Jagielka

Milner Gerrard Parker Baines

Lampard

Rooney Walcott

My thinking for this is that both Milner and Baines have the defensive capabilities, technique and workrate to be effective in all aspects of the game, Milner being vastly under-rated as a team player.

I could easily swap Lampard for Carrick, and move Gerrard forward, but a player like Scott Parker is vital.

Forster

Cole

Jags

Cahill

Micah Richards

Barkley

Lampard

Welbeck

Rooney

Carroll

Crouch

Just need Billy Davies as manager and it's a good un, Bris.

If Milner can play for England so can I.

I look forward to it.

Milner was brilliant against Bayern Munich the other night - and if you can match that, I suggest that you let Steve McClaren know pronto.

I look forward to it.

Milner was brilliant against Bayern Munich the other night - and if you can match that, I suggest that you let Steve McClaren know pronto.

Even Michael Ricketts was good for a game and got in the England team.

you mean the Milner that probably has about 30 caps by now? Bit of a silly statement SRG!

Although to be fair, I think I'd be better at right back than Glen Johnson!

Both Emile Heskey and the world's most one-footed international footballer, Glen Johnson, have more Caps than Milner... As do such pearlers as David James.

Mostyn's gone for Walcott too!!

Is it so he can retrieve Gerrard's passes from the car park?

Walcott up front, running onto the ball, not many better finishers, certainly better than Welbeck and Sturridge when combining pace and technique.

Sadly, he's a victim of Arsenal's no centre forward policy that they had until mid way through last season.

Just to add, we need the nearest thing we have to Michael Owen, and until Mason Bennett has served his tutelage, there isn't much else available.

I'd surprise the lot of you and your narrow-minded thinking!

My team, assuming it's World Cup, Vs Italy would be

Hart

Cahill Dawson Jagielka

Milner Gerrard Parker Baines

Lampard

Rooney Walcott

My thinking for this is that both Milner and Baines have the defensive capabilities, technique and workrate to be effective in all aspects of the game, Milner being vastly under-rated as a team player.

I could easily swap Lampard for Carrick, and move Gerrard forward, but a player like Scott Parker is vital.

Milner isnt actually a footballer though

Archived