Sam Rush Puff Piece

drgoodspeak

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't complain. My local news is BBC Look East. Norwich and Ipswich could draw 8-8 and they'd still give more coverage to the Colchester Flower Show.

Problem?

We saw her too near the statue. I turned round, saw her and promptly shouted across at Dav Ooo look it's Billy's bird.

She probably heard.

Hehehehe

She's two timing him.

Although BD's so small, that should probably read "She's half-timing him"

I bet the same people who shout horrible things at Natalie, were singing about sh*gging an ex players wife also.

Bit shameful if you ask me, don't think they'd like it sang about their wife or girlfriends.

I nearly choked on me hot chocolate when that song went out.

Bloody hell! I did wonder if his missis was there watching and listening.

Oh dear.

I'm liking Steve McClaren a lot more now, still just about hovering above acceptable but it's an upward curve.

Now as some of you might know, I've not got long so I read that thread title quicker than I should have.

I thought you'd all come to your senses and the tile of the thread was Sam Rush Chuff Piece. I'd have liked that a lot.

Since when was it all about the CEO?

Look at me, look at what I've done in 9 months. look at how many times I've been on tele since I started.

One thing you haven't done sunshine is to build a football team. No matter how much you try to spin it.

Cut down on the snake hissing mid sentence though. Progress.

I would rather have him rather than the previous incumbent of his post. He's done more in 9 months than Glick did in 4/5 years.

I don't mind ambitious people like him who are willing to put there head on a chopping block rather than sit on the fence and try to make everyone happy.

I bet the same people who shout horrible things at Natalie, were singing about sh*gging an ex players wife also.

Bit shameful if you ask me, don't think they'd like it sang about their wife or girlfriends.

About a good ex Derby player too.

Might have raised a laugh if done once in banter but to carry it on.

About a good ex Derby player too.

Might have raised a laugh if done once in banter but to carry it on.

I'm no Poirot, but from piecing this together, it sounds like some people were singing songs to Steve Davies?

I'm glad I didn't hear them, things like that turn my stomach. We really have some f**king idiots in our crowd! S'pose most clubs do.

I would rather have him rather than the previous incumbent of his post. He's done more in 9 months than Glick did in 4/5 years.

I don't mind ambitious people like him who are willing to put there head on a chopping block rather than sit on the fence and try to make everyone happy.

Really? really what's he done?

Apart from go on some roadshows and fire a manager who built the squad which is going to get us promoted.

Sponsorship? Betbadger? iPro?

Apart from go on some roadshows and fire a manager who built the squad which is going to get us promoted.

the latter will only happen as a result of the former. I'm sorry that's hard for you to swallow, but we were on permanent journey around mid-table obscurity under the previous manager. It's a harsh analogy, but Clough managed to get all the ingredients for an amazing dish, but didn't have a recipe to make that dish.

The Radio Derby commentator had to apologise on air also after he made a comment regarding Steve Davis leaving the club because he fell out with other players. Family members rang in to tell them that just wasn't true, and an apology was made.

I wonder if he made the comment on hearing the idiotic chants?

Building an atmosphere my arse.

Wasn't aware Nigel signed wisdom or Dawkins, clough lay some foundations but couldn't take us further; rush identified an area that needed improving and did so.

Credit where its due I say.

Some of your questions have been answered above. But above all else, he and the management team have done the most important thing. Made me believe that Derby are a force again. Made me believe we are run professionally again, made me hungry again, made me enjoying my football again, made me believe we are on another level. MADE ME BELIEVE we are going places. I couldn't say that under Glick and company.

I was a supporter of Clough from the start but he lost me with his tactics and his stubbornness. With Glick, well if you're happy with a guy who just came out with a lot of spin to try and make people happy and seemed clueless in helping Clough in the transfer market etc. Then be my guest.

Agree that Sam will and has spun a bit, but don't ALL CEOs do that? At least he had the balls to make a very tough decision knowing that he would get flak. And I ( I already go regular )and many others who have returned to watching Derby more regular are finally seeing the dividends from his decisions. We are on the up, agreed its early days but instead of scepticism of the club we ALL dearly love. Try and be positive.

We are looking good!

At the time, I, like many others was gutted about losing Clough. However, watching the team play now and feeling the excitement build at a realistic promotion push this season; I have to say fair play to Sam Rush. It was a massive call to make (sacking Clough) and could potentially have flopped massively but it seems to be paying off now. Also, he is pushing Derby forward as a business, the iPro deal is one of the largest independent deals in the history of the football league. Overall, McLaren is getting a lot of the plaudits for the recent success of the club but I think Sam Rush has had a large part to play too.

At the time, I, like many others was gutted about losing Clough. However, watching the team play now and feeling the excitement build at a realistic promotion push this season; I have to say fair play to Sam Rush. It was a massive call to make (sacking Clough) and could potentially have flopped massively but it seems to be paying off now. Also, he is pushing Derby forward as a business, the iPro deal is one of the largest independent deals in the history of the football league. Overall, McLaren is getting a lot of the plaudits for the recent success of the club but I think Sam Rush has had a large part to play too.

Totally agree

At the time, I, like many others was gutted about losing Clough. However, watching the team play now and feeling the excitement build at a realistic promotion push this season; I have to say fair play to Sam Rush. It was a massive call to make (sacking Clough) and could potentially have flopped massively but it seems to be paying off now. Also, he is pushing Derby forward as a business, the iPro deal is one of the largest independent deals in the history of the football league. Overall, McLaren is getting a lot of the plaudits for the recent success of the club but I think Sam Rush has had a large part to play too.

Enjoying your new job Colin?

these kind of posts always tickle me. I think someone once accused me of being one of the board members in disguise once! lolz

Someone once accused me of being Neil Hallam.

I think it was Neil.

Archived