Dogging for beginners.

Boycie

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't say that mate, cos in my mind, if you and the boys don't get a ticket, I don't either.. GRRRRRR

Just a question which im sure you have answered b4; is there a reason behind you not having a season ticket?

No motive just interested

Just a question which im sure you have answered b4; is there a reason behind you not having a season ticket?

No motive just interested

lack of commitment to Derby County under Nigel and a choice of having another enjoyable holiday in 2013 or buying a season ticket watching football that at the time I thought I wouldn't enjoy.

Toying with a half-season ticket, but money is a bit scarce at the minute, had to buy a new car cos mine blew up.

I think it will sell out no problem, unless the club try and cash in and hike the prices right up.

For these type of games they should offer tickets to ST holders far cheaper, reward them for their loyalty, and hike it up for everyone else. Not sure if they'd be allowed to do that though.

Well done to the club.

Not bothered about Chelsea. I will come over when we play one of the big clubs!

Apparently Schteeve is trying to arrange a game against a combined Breadsall Amateurs/ Roe Farm Veterans team Stockers, unfortunately we won't  be able to have a drink in the Rocket after the game as it is now a conglomeration of hen-house sized bungalows, bloody progress!!

:angry:

I find it rather sad that you two old chaps still bring up that ill-fated game against Stoke that led to Charlie suffering an unfortunate injury that possibly cost us the double and a completely different history for DCFC. I mean, it was 1976 ffs! 38 years nearly!

Denis Smith was the cnut that did it. :angry:

Erm, they did WHAT?!

Erm, they did WHAT?!

Twas back in the olde days, spring 1976, Derby in the running for a League and Cup double........

a home game in March v Stoke, Denis Smith the stoke cb clattered Charlie George breaking his collar bone. Charlie was close to unplayable at the time and we struggled to dominate teams without him.

Ended up finishing 4th in the League and losing to Man Utd in the FA Cup semi-final at Hillsborough...... :(

Apparently Schteeve is trying to arrange a game against a combined Breadsall Amateurs/ Roe Farm Veterans team Stockers, unfortunately we won't  be able to have a drink in the Rocket after the game as it is now a conglomeration of hen-house sized bungalows, bloody progress!!

Ahhh the Rocket..............Had many a bottle of pop with a straw and a bag of Smiths crisps outside there as a lad with me brother while Dad was inside having a few............................memories, sweet memories!

Bungalows? On my Hilltop? You will be telling me that our co-op is a Starbucks next!!

Twas back in the olde days, spring 1976, Derby in the running for a League and Cup double........

a home game in March v Stoke, Denis Smith the stoke cb clattered Charlie George breaking his collar bone. Charlie was close to unplayable at the time and we struggled to dominate teams without him.

Ended up finishing 4th in the League and losing to Man Utd in the FA Cup semi-final at Hillsborough...... :(

Two truly superb players hoofed out of that game and never really recovered. Rioch took Hudson out with a shocker of a tackle and broke his leg.

Bungalows? On my Hilltop? You will be telling me that our co-op is a Starbucks next!!

The Co-op is still there then Drinks World [Alki Heaven], Breadsall News and Yummy Yummy Chinese [crap], the Rhino was also obliterated and there is now a courtyard of 3 storey homes on the site.    Windmill Garage has moved to the old Parker Foundry site but..............................the Windmill pub is still there, went in at the end of October, the place was almost empty but the Guinness was good.

Things ain't what they used to be!! ;)

With regard to the 'Glory Hunter Supporters', whilst I am pleased to see larger crowds, many who buy tickets for seats in the West Stand Upper obviously dropped out of education at age 6, they come in late and push past searching for their seats and then 2 minutes later come back past you as they are in the wrong block despite being told that the seats on our row are 102, 101, 100 etc etc and they are looking for 110, 111, 112 etc etc. BLOODY IDIOTS!!

The Telegraph was our dad's pub, or the Chestnut on match days.

Sat in the car for hours with a bag of crisps and a bottle of pop, what parents used to get away with then.

The Vine Inn, Whitaker Street was my tipple in the good old days. 12.00 open, could leave at 2.45 and just make the kick off. Quality!

I used to like the Cheshire Cheese.

Back in the late 1950's the Mousetrap at the Cheshire Cheese was always full of totty and the Cheese juke box selection was probably the best in Derby.    Odeon for Sunday night pictures and straight into the Cheese then down to the Market Place to heckle the orators, couldn't beat living on the edge!! :rolleyes:

Back in the late 1950's the Mousetrap at the Cheshire Cheese was always full of totty and the Cheese juke box selection was probably the best in Derby.    Odeon for Sunday night pictures and straight into the Cheese then down to the Market Place to heckle the orators, couldn't beat living on the edge!! :rolleyes:

I read posts like this and truly wish I was born 30 years earlier

Two truly superb players hoofed out of that game and never really recovered. Rioch took Hudson out with a shocker of a tackle and broke his leg.

Much as I disliked Denis Smith,I think you and utch might be a tad unfair on him.I had a good view of that challenge and thought it full blooded but (unusually) fair.I don't remember a free kick being given,though I stand to be corrected.As far as Rioch goes,I'm afraid he's one I don't remember with a great deal of affection because of the kind of thing you mention.

Much as I disliked Denis Smith,I think you and utch might be a tad unfair on him.I had a good view of that challenge and thought it full blooded but (unusually) fair.I don't remember a free kick being given,though I stand to be corrected.As far as Rioch goes,I'm afraid he's one I don't remember with a great deal of affection because of the kind of thing you mention.

Unfair on anything as far as Stoke are concerened Ramblur? A concept I fail to grasp. Not a club I have much time for at all though the years. Cloggers to me. Amazed a player of Hudsond class went there.

Archived