Dogging for beginners.

Boycie

Here we go again. All bow to the season ticket holders. A season ticket holders reward for a season ticket is the cheap price paid per game. Nothing more nothing less. They are not some kind of all giving benefactors. Lots of Derby fans through & through are not realistically able to attend regularly due to location. I COULD buy a season ticket and have an empty seat for quite a few games but prefer to let someone who can get to most games have the opportunity to buy one over me.

My personal situation is that a home game is a 400 mile round trip. I get to as many as I can whilst not neglecting my responsibilities and quite a few southern away games. Quite reasonably I target "Special" games or what are in my opinion special games due to the humongous cost and effort involved. Over a season I expect the games I do get to costs me more "investment" than most season ticket holders.

Tell me again why season ticket holders should get a cheaper price?

Because ST holders put money in the clubs coffers - up front - even before the previous season has ended - that's why?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£20+

EDIT: Just to add, the price of tickets has to be agreed by Chelsea as they get a cut of the gate receipts. They won't accept a £10 or £15 ticketing structure as it would be £30+ at their place. They will argue that they should charge as much as possible and the FA would back THEM

Not necessarily. Seen Chelsea offer £15 tickets for FA Cup games before. Some how I expect kids tickets to be cheap but expensive for adults.

Not necessarily. Seen Chelsea offer £15 tickets for FA Cup games before. Some how I expect kids tickets to be cheap but expensive for adults.

I don't know for sure, but I reckon that would be in a game where they'd struggle to sell out. A fixture of this magnitude is different gravy!

For my season ticket I get: the same seat every match; cheaper prices; not having to queue or think ahead for buying tickets; and ticket priority for bigger and away games.

The club get: my money, in advance, to invest as it sees fit and to help its cash flow when otherwise no income is coming in; a name to market its and its sponsors products to; an additional number on its attendance figures.

Seems a fair enough deal for those that can afford it, and want to. But I can't criticise those who can't, have other priorities and then are more selective about the games they go to. I wish the ground were full, every match, of rabid, positive thinking Rams fans, but unfotunately it isn't and never has been. In the old third division days there were about 13,000 of us. And even then not everyone was positive!

Because ST holders put money in the clubs coffers - up front - even before the previous season has ended - that's why?

So why should you get a cheaper cup ticket? You are not investing in the club other than for the gain of a cheaper regular set. Your season ticket equals the price you pay. Contract concluded. Why do you expect a better deal than the likes of me?

The loyal regular fans are the only thing the club have to forecast future earnings and revenue. Paying in advance makes you priority in all walks of life get used to it. Even if all the ST holders take seats there will still be 7-8k available for general sale, hardly the end of the world.

So why should you get a cheaper cup ticket? You are not investing in the club other than for the gain of a cheaper regular set. Your season ticket equals the price you pay. Contract concluded. Why do you expect a better deal than the likes of me?

My season ticket costs an average of £17 a game.

If a non-season ticket holder goes to just 5 games, and they are the 5 cheapest games, then their average cost is £10. If a non-season ticket holder goes to just 5 games, and they are the 5 most expensive games, then they are a liar.

Mr Pimpernel ,

You say you go to games though, I have no beef with you. As I have said all along, it's the guy who will come to the Chelsea game and not again all season. But may want to go to wembley.

Just defending my corner against the opinion (not yours) that season ticket holders should get cheaper cup tickets than others. I agree entirely they should get priority over general sale but not cheaper. That's my only point.

season ticket holders should get first dibs on anything in my opinion.

I remember when Wembley 2007 tickets went on sale and the bloke who camped out at the front of the queue for 2 nights to get them had not been to a game for 3 seasons, didn't have a customer number or owt. I was 3rd in the queue with my mate, even though I had secured my ticket, as we wanted to go together, and this blokes mates were turning up with other season ticket holder's STs (as ST holders were allowed another ticket on general sale), people were bringing him beer and someone dropped him off a curry. In the end, him and his mates must've had about 50 season tickets between them that mates had lent to other mates, people on lifetime bans and some not even Derby fans ended up getting tickets. I thought that was bad.

I've been once this season and intend returning to watch my second side v Chelsea (and Doncaster too I hasten to add).

You'd lost me at "second side"... :p

Canna get a piss just before kick off like normal.

All my opinion, just boils my piss when the prem teams come and they crawl out the woodwork.

Surely they negate each other. All the extra people mean you can't get a piss before kick off but then all those people boil your piss so just let the steam out and hey presto. You should really stop getting wound up and look for the silver lining.

Surely they negate each other. All the extra people mean you can't get a piss before kick off but then all those people boil your piss so just let the steam out and hey presto. You should really stop getting wound up and look for the silver lining.

piss in someone's pocket you mean?

Archived