Derby better than Barca

zaragozaram

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barca's last 2 games have been against a 3rd division side in the cup where they fielded a weak side and against an Athletic Bilbao side (away) which would dominate possession against every PL side..

I'd expect anyone in the Championship who plays against 10 men for 60 mins and a terrible Blackpool side content on putting 11 men behind the ball all game to do the same..

But it's still nice to know we're now officially a possession side and we've 'joined the club' so to speak.. I seriously hate those 'percentage sides' like the ones Billy Davies, Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce thrive on.

And as if Derby had easier games? Athletic Bilbao would probably win over 40 games if they were in the Championship..

I said 'relatively'. Which means the gap between Barcelona and their opponents was MUCHHHHHHHHHH bigger than the gap between Derby and our opponents!!!!

Or, Derby's opponents were more evenly matched, making the stats way more impressive

Seen as no one else as the manners to mention it, hope you're feeling better soon Ambitious.

Sorry Ambitious. This too mate.

Nothing more embarrassing than having to explain how a cucumber got there in the first place. You'll be alright mate.

Sorry Ambitious. This too mate.

Nothing more embarrassing than having to explain how a cucumber got there in the first place. You'll be alright mate.

I find 'I slipped on a wet greengrocer's floor' is the best excuse.

For clarification, I am suggesting the floor was wet, not the Greengrocer.

I said 'relatively'. Which means the gap between Barcelona and their opponents was MUCHHHHHHHHHH bigger than the gap between Derby and our opponents!!!!

Or, Derby's opponents were more evenly matched, making the stats way more impressive

Hold on, Bris and Mostyn arguing with each other? I've been made redundant.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it - luckily I managed to dislodge the cucumber before being seen. 

Just in for a knee op (my second this year) hopefully won't be long till I'm back to 100%

Apparently when a Forest fan is in a similar cucumber-related predicament involving an nasty vegetable patch tumble, they leave the cucumber in and take the Forest shirt off to save him from further embarrassment.

Used to enjoy the likes of Barca and Spain but now it bores me to tears. Spain play a 3-6-0 formation and the world masturbates over their keep ball game. Obviously they'll keep the ball they have two more midfielders than the other team. If you enjoy watching them then that's fine but it's not for me!

Used to enjoy the likes of Barca and Spain but now it bores me to tears. Spain play a 3-6-0 formation and the world masturbates over their keep ball game. Obviously they'll keep the ball they have two more midfielders than the other team. If you enjoy watching them then that's fine but it's not for me!

They must be good to only have 9 outfield players, or do they have 2 keepers, bit early for maths I know

Might think differently if it was us.

Barca and Spain do it to try and completely control a game. They still create and score way more than the competition. Barcelona have scored more goals than Man City and Bayern domestically and I think 2 and 1 less in the Champions League where they've scored 16 in 6 games.

Spain too score more goals and create more chances than say England who don't play the possession game.

Basically it might not entertain everyone but I'm not sure they care.

I don't want end to end football at Derby either. I'd rather we keep the ball when winning and probe for easy chances than keep firing easy balls into the box in the name of entertainment.

Plus it's hard to be exciting when every team you play puts 10men behind the ball. Maybe if they came out a bit then starving them of the ball wouldn't be such a necessary tactic.

I find the teams that play Barca and Spain more boring. Half of them play to draw, have less shots, less dribbles and crosses etc yet they don't get tagged as boring.

Each to their own I guess

Archived