Starting XI

Nuwtfly

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id have to say that the team that played should be carrying on with just Russell in for Ward. Ward was really really poor on wednesday and saturday. His final ball has just not been good enough and I think he lost the ball almost every time he had it on Saturday.

Theres no doubting that Keane is going to get in sooner rather than later. If 8 teams in the championship were after him the Man U aren't going to be happy for him to sit on the bench. I'd imagine the plan was that he would replace the poorer of Bucko and Forsyth but they've both been top draw. If anyone should go it should be Keogh but he's not been too bad himself.

The defence was class on Saturday Blackpool had one chance all game and it was Martin who lost his man for their goal which is nothing to do with the defence.

I'd agree we need to keep Eustace or Cisse in. It made sense to take him off on Wednesday as there was no clearing up to do and he could be rested for Saturday. Hendrick should be used to keep Hughes and Bryson on their toes.

We're seeing the difference between people knowing somebody is ready to take their place compared to the Clough years when he had his favourite 11 who would play every game until the 80th minute.

Ive had it with the negative Bucko attitude he has undoubtedly been awesome this year.

Quality in the tackle

Great in the air

Distribution is unbelievable considering he is not left footed

Really until he has a shocker we can't play Keane.

Keogh is Captain so he is the first name on the team sheet regardless

However I would agree Keane is a better player and is in our best starting XI.

But it is not the best XI on paper that get 3 points its the best XI on grass.  

On current form and ability the only change I would make to the starting 11 is Russell in for Ward.

The Bucko debate rumbles on but at present he looks every bit a promotion winning centre half and for me he's only a yard short of pace / agility and another couple of inches in jumping from being a lower Prem standard player.

Distribution is pretty flawless for a defender at this level, he wins his aerial battles most of the time, the only ever time he looks in trouble is against a bit of pace and trickery but he usually makes up for this with his strength, desire and reading of the game. I'm sure Keane is a genuine talent but until Bucko has a shocker he's going to have to bide his time.

Until someone has a bad game (like Ward in the last couple) I don't think we should be changing the side unless it's to give someone like Hughes a bit of a breather, where Hendrick can ably deputise.

Ward is obviously not at his best at the moment, so Russell in, sounds good to me.

Wouldn't change anything else thou, Don't think Hendrick is quite their yet, so keep

bringing him on after 60 mins or so for a few more games.

Keane has to wait for a loss, or injury i'm afraid, don't think this is unreasonable, as we

seem to be winning everything, and the players deserve some loyalty for their efforts.

Will people please stop mentioning..er... him. I've only just come out of therapy.

As things stand, Ward out Russell in, possibly Keane for Keogh.

It's a problem isn't it? Every time you put your hand in your pocket to pull out a handful of loose change - 50p, 20p.

Why do they mock us so?

Archived