Starting XI

Nuwtfly

At first, this may seem like a fairley strange topic, especially considering that we have started with the same 11 players for the last few matches. However, I can't be the only one who is looking at particular players on our bench (Russell, Hendrick, Keane) and thinking 'why are they not starting' ?

So what is our best starting XI in your opinion? I would go for:

Grant

Wisdom Keogh Keane Forsyth

Hughes Hendrick Bryson

Russell Martin Dawkins

For me Buxton (though full of passion) is not a technically good enough player to be part of an XI that are pushing for promotion (which we are now). I'm not personally keen on Ward either, and even though he does score goals I feel Dawkins and Russell offer more to the team as far as skill and pace.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buxton has proved to everyone with eyes that this season he is, most definitely, good enough to be part of an XI that are pushing for promotion - because he is and we are.

Better go to Specsavers.

At first, this may seem like a fairley strange topic, especially considering that we have started with the same 11 players for the last few matches. However, I can't be the only one who is looking at particular players on our bench (Russell, Hendrick, Keane) and thinking 'why are they not starting' ?

So what is our best starting XI in your opinion? I would go for:

Grant

Wisdom Keogh Keane Forsyth

Hughes Hendrick Bryson

Russell Martin Dawkins

For me Buxton (though full of passion) is not a technically good enough player to be part of an XI that are pushing for promotion (which we are now). I'm not personally keen on Ward either, and even though he does score goals I feel Dawkins and Russell offer more to the team as far as skill and pace.

bucko's been better than keogh this season

anybody who thinks about dropping Eustace is insane IMO. He's been an absolute rock for the majority of games he's played and a pure catalyst for our wins! Long live the Eust.

He wasn't great v boro. Subbed at half time.

Provides a good foil for bryson and hughes but......hasn't always got the legs to press or play at a higher tempo.

He wasn't great v boro. Subbed at half time.

Provides a good foil for bryson and hughes but......hasn't always got the legs to press or play at a higher tempo.

the boro game proved not to be his sort of game, they just sat back for 75 minutes. Normally he handles counter attacks and pressure from other teams fantastically, unless it's a 30 yard dash, he's brilliant. Up there with king Bucko.

Granted, if Bucko plays like he has done in the last few games for the rest of the season I will happily eat my words. However in some of the games (especially the game away at Yeovil) he was poor. Plus I remember Keane a year ago for LCFC and he was fantastic.

Very happy to be proven wrong though!

On another note, I think we've got some real PL quality in our team. Hughes, Wisdom, Russell to name a few but especially Bryson. What a player he has been yet again this year

Buxton not good enough for a team pushing for promotion yet he is nearly an ever present in a team sat 4th in the league?

He has also been the best centre back in our team this season without question.

The Yeovil game seems a weird choice for questioning his ability, we kept a clean sheet and never looked like conceding.

However I do think he is only one bad game away from being replaced by Keane.

Buxton not good enough for a team pushing for promotion yet he is nearly an ever present in a team sat 4th in the league?

He has also been the best centre back in our team this season without question.

The Yeovil game seems a weird choice for questioning his ability, we kept a clean sheet and never looked like conceding.

However I do think he is only one bad game away from being replaced by Keane.

So that's October 2015 in the Champions League then.

I think Bucko's days are numbered, which is a shame because he's by far our most consistent defender, and the best defender when in possession.

If available I think it's imperative Cisse or Eustace start. Without one of them our shape goes - they give Bryson and Hughes licence to roam. Sounds dramatic but I really believe we'd be way down the table without someone like that.

For now Hendrick is a great squad option but it's a slog of a season - he'll get his chance.

I personally don't think he can maintain his current level until the end of the season. One game up against a quick forward and McClaren will have his chance to crowbar Keane into the side.

Whereas there are some fans who have being writing off Bucko since the day he arrived and have never stopped banging on about it, probably so they can say "I told you so" (and in some cases maybe demand an apology), McClaren has been totally fair with him - no favours - he is currently in possession of the shirt on merit. Bucko will give way one day - but he's not going to give the shirt up without a fight. Also, remember that Keane is currently only here until the start of January.

That's not that long for someone to be kidnapped and held prisoner in the wilds of Derbyshire.

Whereas there are some fans who have being writing off Bucko since the day he arrived and have never stopped banging on about it, probably so they can say "I told you so" (and in some cases maybe demand an apology), McClaren has been totally fair with him - no favours - he is currently in possession of the shirt on merit. Bucko will give way one day - but he's not going to give the shirt up without a fight. Also, remember that Keane is currently only here until the start of January.

That's not that long for someone to be kidnapped and held prisoner in the wilds of Derbyshire.

I'm told that the deal to keep Keane here for the season is already sorted and will be signed on 3rd Jan. If true, I doubt he is here to warm the bench.

I think it's a very lazy and dumbass judgement to make on Buxton saying he needs replacing. Yeah he's from the lower leagues and so a stupid bast*rd would say he's a weak link.

His distribution is superb. And with better coaching he could be excellent - above the standard he is now. He's a threat in the box and has good concentration. Good player.

I'm told that the deal to keep Keane here for the season is already sorted and will be signed on 3rd Jan. If true, I doubt he is here to warm the bench.

No, and I would agree with you - I just don't want to come out and say it because Bucko is like a comic book hero. He is Alf Tupper, he is Batman, he is the modern equivalent of Peter Daniel. I've learned in my nearly 50 years of watching these Super Rams though that you write players off at your peril.

Apart from Clod and Todd. 

No, and I would agree with you - I just don't want to come out and say it because Bucko is like a comic book hero. He is Alf Tupper, he is Batman, he is the modern equivalent of Peter Daniel. I've learned in my nearly 50 years of watching these Super Rams though that you write players off at your peril.

Apart from Clod and Todd.

andy todd presumably

Archived