Straight wins

RamNut

Not dramatic at all. There was a bloody 200+ comment thread (which you contributed to extensively) just 2 or 3 days ago, the entire and only reason for which was internet point scoring and trolling (where the OP 'demanded an apology', for goodness sake).

I'm so bloody sick of it that I even went to have a look at Popside earlier today, to see if it was worth moving to there. 

Needless to say, five minutes later I decided that it wasn't. Still full of the same cretins as it has been for the last 10 years.

the thread started by Curtains? Well yes I contributed and I thought I made it clear that people still remember the level of criticism and personal abuse they got for having an opinion. There is no censorship on this forum, at least there shouldn't be in terms of football and Derby opinion. 

There are a plethora of threads on this forum that I don't really care for, "beer of the day" being one, but I don't bitch and whine about it, I avoid the thread... quite simple really.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the thread started by Curtains? Well yes I contributed and I thought I made it clear that people still remember the level of criticism and personal abuse they got for having an opinion. There is no censorship on this forum, at least there shouldn't be in terms of football and Derby opinion. 

There are a plethora of threads on this forum that I don't really care for, "beer of the day" being one, but I don't bitch and whine about it, I avoid the thread... quite simple really.

Don't be a shpoil shport hic :p

looking at the next two fixtures of charlton away and then donny at home we could very well make it 7 in a row then huddersfield and barnsley are also fixtures you'd expect us to win on current form, but the thought of getting to 9 in a row is truly ludicrous...isn't it? 

Absolutely ludicrous.

Only Sir Brian ever achieved that as a manager - and he needed Green, Webster, Robson, Durban, McFarland, Mackay, McGovern, Carlin, O'Hare, Hector and Hinton (sub Wignall) to help.

You couldn't let it go then, and I daresay in 5 years you still won't be able to let it go. I can understand it though. Personally I think that Sam Longson and Sidney Bradley were too hasty in getting shot of Tim Ward. And as for that Sir Robertson King - what does he know?

You couldn't let it go then, and I daresay in 5 years you still won't be able to let it go. I can understand it though. Personally I think that Sam Longson and Sidney Bradley were too hasty in getting shot of Tim Ward. And as for that Sir Robertson King - what does he know?

let what go? I only react to what others say.

As for the rest of your post, sorry, I have to trust your opinion cos it was probably before my dad was born! lol 

Absolutely ludicrous.

Only Sir Brian ever achieved that as a manager - and he needed Green, Webster, Robson, Durban, McFarland, Mackay, McGovern, Carlin, O'Hare, Hector and Hinton (sub Wignall) to help.

i know its ruddy unlikely but was purely speculating! on current form you'd expect us to be beating these sorts of team but as you said its pretty ludicrous, i reckon win 2 draw 1 lose 1

In the continued and regrettable absence of our esteemed statto Albert......

Schteve today achieved 5 straight wins......

V sheff wed

V Bournemouth

V wigan

V middlesbro

V blackpool

This equals nigel's best ever win sequence from boxing day 2011 - 14 jan 2012 when we finished 12th

V leeds

V west ham

V hull

V palace (cup)

V coventry

But is not yet as impressive as the dwarf who had a 6 and an 8 game winning sequence in 2006-07

V barnsley

V west brom

V coventry

V luton

V leicester

V ipswich

And......

V plymouth

V preston

V wrexham(cup)

V wednesday

V southend

V bristol rovers (cup)

V burnley

V southampton

Uncle George's best was a 4 game sequence when we reached the play offs in 2005

V crewe

V stoke

V sheff utd

V gillingham

......before that the next memorable sequence was the wanchope eranio baiano inspired 5 game run in 1997 under jim

V sheff wed 5-2 away great match

V southampton

V southend (cup)

V leicester

V spurs (cup)

.....and in the automatic promotion season 95-96 a 6/7game run....

V sheff utd

V barnsley

V millwall

V sunderland

V huddersfield

V norwich

Followed by defeat in the cup v leeds and then another win

V reading

Roy mac achieved 5 straight wins without getting to the play offs in 94-95

V grimsby

V millwall

V burnley

V middlesbro

V swindon

Arthur......6 straight wins in the top division 89-90 beginning with the memorable 6-0 thrashing of man city

V city

V wednesday

V west brom (cup)

V Spurs

V west brom (cup)

V charlton

And before that for something memorable you have to go right back to the 1969-70 season

When we had a 7 game and a 6 game winning streak.

......so

Its official.....WE ARE QUITE GOOD

5 straight league wins suggests - but does not guarantee - a play off finish.

6 straight wins suggests play offs or automatic promotion

7 straight league wins would be the best since sept 1969.

One more to equal the dwarf

Two more to equal cloughie

One more to equal the dwarf

Two more to equal cloughie

The dwarf had the luxury of wins against two lower-division teams in the cup.

We're in uncharted for 45 years waters now as far as league form is concerned.

Archived