championship title for taking

B4ev6is

It's the same players but a different team on the pitch and it's all about psychology........sending a team out to win at all costs, not to try and defend a goal lead for thirty five minutes, puts the players in a different place belief wise......Rock on Steve. We can go up automatically....

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving the optimism. I hope we don't over-egg ourselves though and end up being disappointed. Given we were 14th when McClaren came in, top 6 would be a great achievement still. We've seen this sort of form with Clough before and then went on horrendous runs of results so be interesting to see whether Steve can get the consistency right where we've previously failed.

Have we? We have only dropped 5 points out of 27 under SM so far. (Not including Ipswich)

Whilst I think we may find ourselves in an automatic place after the next 5 games,unfortunately I don't think we'll stay there.When it comes to squeaky bum time,I just think we've got too many young,inexperienced players to handle the immense pressures of staying up there.I think the likes of Eustace and Bucko would probably hold it together,and Barks if he could return (and we might sign a bit of experience in January,who knows).Sadly,I think we may be destined to find out that it's a lot harder to stay there than to get there in the first place.However,that doesn't take away from Leeds' point that we can all dream of it,especially as it's not quite so much of a fanciful dream as appeared a few games ago

Whilst I think we may find ourselves in an automatic place after the next 5 games,unfortunately I don't think we'll stay there.When it comes to squeaky bum time,I just think we've got too many young,inexperienced players to handle the immense pressures of staying up there.I think the likes of Eustace and Bucko would probably hold it together,and Barks if he could return (and we might sign a bit of experience in January,who knows).Sadly,I think we may be destined to find out that it's a lot harder to stay there than to get there in the first place.However,that doesn't take away from Leeds' point that we can all dream of it,especially as it's not quite so much of a fanciful dream as appeared a few games ago

I'd appreciate the opportunity to find out rather than stagnantly being uninvolved.

What might prove to be a key factor in how the second half of the season goes is what happens with the loans we have which expire in January. Extending them to the end of the season is essential, supported by a couple of quality signings in the next windows.

I'd appreciate the opportunity to find out rather than stagnantly being uninvolved.

Yep,I did hear in SM's after match Sky interview how he bemoaned the fact that he inherited Nigel's stagnantly uninvolved squad.But there again,after returning from hospital I did state that I would be getting behind SM and the players rather than dwelling on Nigel,so after your little goad,that's my last comment on Nigel.You,however just don't seem able to give it up,and I've no doubt we'll be hearing it all season.

Yep,I did hear in SM's after match Sky interview how he bemoaned the fact that he inherited Nigel's stagnantly uninvolved squad.But there again,after returning from hospital I did state that I would be getting behind SM and the players rather than dwelling on Nigel,so after your little goad,that's my last comment on Nigel.You,however just don't seem able to give it up,and I've no doubt we'll be hearing it all season.

not at all, just trying to counter your Captain Bringdown impression a mere few hours after a 5-1 win against a team that has been top5 ALL season.

not at all, just trying to counter your Captain Bringdown impression a mere few hours after a 5-1 win against a team that has been top5 ALL season.

Nonsense,as usual.I was just giving an honest impression based on watching the sport for many years.I've not said I don't expect us to be in top 6,nor have I ruled out the possibility of top 2,just that I think the latter to be unlikely for the reasons stated.

If you want to be Captain Upbeat,tell us all where you honestly expect(rather than hope) us to finish (a few hours after our 5-1 win).Maybe I should have been dishonest about my feelings?

We have a very good team and are the match for anybody in this division. We now seem to have the belief that we can win games even when behind, just by persevering with our style.

I've witnessed a few promotion seasons before and I have the feeling that, providing key players remain injury free, this season is following a similar pattern.

We can do it. It will be immense if we do.

Whilst I enjoy and agree with the positivity lets not get too carried away. We're not halfway yet and we need the consistency to stay there. Too many teams have a purple patch then go off the boil and finish outside the top six. Let's just enjoy what happening now rather than predict the future. No harm in just being happy that we're 4th and winning, enjoy the now people.

Mostyn's just trying to score a few imaginary internet points.

Again.

Come off it Mostyn. You can't leave it alone.

Mostyn's just trying to score a few imaginary internet points.

Again.

At a time when it appears to me that the vast majority of those of us who were appreciative of Nigel's efforts have had little trouble in swinging behind the new management,there has been a great chance of creating almost total unity on the forums.A truly immense human being has sadly recently passed away,and it's a great pity that a divisive little worm couldn't find it in his heart to embrace just a little of what the great man stood for.I make no apologies for what I've just said.

It's the same players but a different team on the pitch and it's all about psychology........sending a team out to win at all costs, not to try and defend a goal lead for thirty five minutes, puts the players in a different place belief wise......Rock on Steve. We can go up automatically....

it about time we thank sam for this

Archived