championship title for taking

B4ev6is

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many are going to hold their hand up at taking the pee out of b4 recently for suggesting we could go up automatically; are now thinking maybe.......

How many are going to hold their hand up at taking the pee out of b4 recently for suggesting we could go up automatically; are now thinking maybe.......

Steady on..

We're playing well but there are still 25 games left..

Middlesborough were in the top 3 until last January and ended up near the relegation zone..

Just got back from the game. :D 

There's a lot to do before we can start talking automatic places.However,yes I think we can do it. ;)

The players will only get better imho.

Forsyth is a different player lately,Dawkins was trouble for them all game and Russell was a threat when he came on.

Wisdom is immense  :cool:

I'm loving it.

The only downside was Wards poor display, but I put it down to a off day.

I can (if we play like todays second half) see us winning the next 5 games.

QPR dropped 2 points at home. So only 5 points behind.

On the form we are on I would say we can do it.

QPR go to Blackpool next so points will be dropped there for one of our competition.

Burnley go to Leicester. Points to be dropped there too.

If we can win at Charlton, be interesting to see if we can make gains.

Momentum and confidence are powerful forces-I don't rule anything out nowadays,but would like to see us beat the top 2 convincingly (in performance,not necessarily margin of victory).

Thankyou to all on the pitch and in particular behind the scenes for making me enjoy and appreciate what I have on my doorstep again, great positive energetic football, a vision for the future and looking like we are now a really well ran professional football club on the pitch and off. Thankyou Stevie And Sam.

Steady on..

We're playing well but there are still 25 games left..

Middlesborough were in the top 3 until last January and ended up near the relegation zone..

So you think it's an impossibility that we will go up automatically?

I'm not saying we will, just that as we stand today we are very much in the mix, something b4 was ridiculed for, I guess you were not one of the posters who did this??

I'm not saying we will, just that as we stand today we are very much in the mix, something b4 was ridiculed for, I guess you were not one of the posters who did this??

I ridiculed him and I still do..

We've played 19 games, only 19. 27 remain..

We're starting to sound like Forest fans who thought they'd go up aumtomatically after 3 games..

I love the way we're playing football, I believe we have a chance of finishing in the top 6 this season.. But I'd wait until around mid March before making any stupid claims like 'we're going for the championship'..

The last time we were in this sort of position we absolutely blew it and ended up with only 49 points.. We're only in contention if the games are running out, we're in a good position and we can see the finish line..

We're not Arsenal or Real Madrid where the quality of our squad is much better than everyone elses therefore we're expected to win the majority of our games.. If I remember rightly, we lost as many as we won last year with a good chunk of that 1st team still playing today.

One game at a time

Tbh I thought the "we'll need to win this many,draw this many and lose this many" assessments from the various think tanks were more cringeworthy.Football never works like that-just see how quickly the gap has closed.Reminds me of last season's "if we get x points,we'll be safe",mainly based on historical data taking no account of the (then) present distribution of points.You're quite right-b4 could well have the last laugh.

We've played 19 games, only 19. 25 remain..

We're starting to sound like Forest fans who thought they'd go up aumtomatically after 3 games..

I love the way we're playing football, I believe we have a chance of finishing in the top 6 this season.. But I'd wait until around mid March before making any stupid claims like 'we're going for the championship'..

The last time we were in this sort of position we absolutely blew it and ended up with only 49 points.. We're only in contention if the games are running out, we're in a good position and we can see the finish line..

We're not Arsenal or Real Madrid where the quality of our squad is much better than everyone elses therefore we're expected to win the majority of our games.. If I remember rightly, we lost as many as we won last year with a good chunk of that 1st team still playing today.

One game at a time

I don't know how maths are taught overseas but 46-19 isn't 25, it's 27. Even earlier in the season, we shouldn't get excited by mid March for me. If we are in a similar position and form then would be the time to expect and look forward to a proper attempt at promotion.

We've played 19 games, only 19. 25 remain..

One game at a time

But that is what football is all about, deep down do I think we will go up automatically, the same as do I really think England will win the World Cup , you are missing the point, football is not about what is realistic or not. It's about dreaming your team can win the fa cup, or gain promotion by beating your closest rivals to gain that last promotion spot.

By saying you will wait until mid march, shows that deep down you believe we have a chance, otherwise why not rule it out now. You are right we are not Real Madrid, Barcelona or support Spain, come march our season could be finished as we can't get near the play offs, so why not enjoy the optimism and feel good factor that is currently around, we haven't had it for a while:-)

I don't know how maths are taught overseas but 46-19 isn't 25, it's 27. Even earlier in the season, we shouldn't get excited by mid March for me. If we are in a similar position and form then would be the time to expect and look forward to a proper attempt at promotion.

That was a typo.. I meant 27

It's a long long season where so much can change very quickly..

Archived