RD Phone in 2/12/13

mozza

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started going about 1990, don't remember it all vividly but had season reviews on video which I watched endlessly as a child!

Mclaren any good?

He was steady. Not an outrageously talented player but busy - on the fringe of the first team at Derby as Arthur started to build the side.

Listen again don't work on apple.

I'm using a MacBook and it's fine. Your problem might be the fact that you're trying to use an actual apple

Very impressed.

I can't wait to get behind the team. I love all this talk of atmosphere and developing a relationship between players and fans. It wasn't the usual garbage either. Sounded genuine. The way he didn't talk us up too much and implying that there's room for improvement in the support, the team and the relationship between the two. Clearly they'd like us behind that goal so I hope the move goes ahead.

I know Dortmund was an extreme example but what's the point in setting an example that's easily achievable. The atmosphere around Dortmund and the togetherness is inspiring. Our frustrations come to the surface far too quickly nowadays. I hope we can really work to sort that and really blur the lines between what's on the pitch and what's around it.

The way they talk about how they want to play, how much better players attitudes are abroad, the preparation for each game and the sports science ... It's all just exciting. I genuinely don't see us finishing lower than 7th. It's not always going to be this good but if you take Simpson for example, his dedication to preparation just leads me to believe we will dig ourselves out of the slumps.

I hope Pride Park is rocking on Wednesday. They are clearly impressed with the standard of the away support. They aren't spinning the normal bullshit about 'great fans'. They clearly want to include us. It's about time we took a bit more pride. We've been so flat these last few years. We've always had the excuse of performances but now you see the dedication and attention the the management are putting in I think we owe them some serious backing.

I was expecting the usual charm offensive and some arse kissing but dare I say that a Mac, Simmo and Steele are too arrogant for that and just told it like it is. Good on them.

UTR.

We have the momentum and a plan for every eventuality it seems. Thought we were very fortunate against Wigan but we've not had the breaks in the last couple of years so i think we deserved it. I like that Mac recognised that and suggested there's no room for complacency.

I like all that they're saying about attitude, preparation and desire. As strong as this league is this year, it's still the championship and anything can happen.

Keep this run going as long as possible, it's not beyond the rhelms of possibility that we can challenge right at the very top but we have to retain focused and not get too far ahead of ourselves.

I think the fans are going to play a key part, at some point in the next few weeks we're going to get a game that doesn't go our way, it'll be important that we put on a display ourselves to help turn things around. I hope it comes away from home because i'm still not sure about our fans at home. Too many freak out if Forsyth misplaces a pass or Keogh misses a header, the players seem to feed of the crowd much more than you'd think so we've got to remain positive and keep behind them.

With Clough i was always waiting for things to click and thought we could be serious contenders. Unfortunately, he never quite managed to get the balance right but the change of management seems to have sharpened everyone up, tweaked the areas that needed some attention and raised the belief levels a notch.

The margins are pretty fine in this league and the introduction of the Mac pack just seems to have tipped the balance in our favour. So far so good. It's a huge couple of months, lets enjoy it, get behind the lads and keep the momentum going!

Archived