Jeff

ariotofmyown

I'd almost forgotten we've been playing without him during our great form. One of our best 2-3 players last season and we've hardly missed him. Will be interesting to see how he is used, don't think he'll start over Eustace or Cisse in holding role-for now. Maybe he'll replace a different midfielder for last 30 mins of each game over our busy Xmas schedule to help keep everyone fresh.

Great news he's fit again, welcome back to the party Jeff.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at those pub forum things, Simpson mentioned a few times that they want to give Hughes a rest and they think he's playing too much football for his age and they're scared of burning him out. I would expect to see Hughes on the bench a couple of times over the next few weeks whilst Hendrick gets back to match fitness.

Is Hughes suspended? Know he's getting close to five yellows. Hendrick might play Wednesday, looked rusty yesterday though

4 yellows in the league, one in the league cup. Do they add them up? I don't know.

Looked very assured on Sat. Can't drop eustace after his first half display, though

Yes I agree. The first half display was excellent. I think Hendrick will need to ease his way in. I suspect when he gets back to fitness he'll be the first choice for the holding role above Cisse and Eustace.

I think Mostyn is right - Hendrick will be used to give Hughes a couple of games rest during the next few weeks. I could also see Bryson sitting out a game during December. So, for the next six games, you get something like Bryson starting five, Hughes four and Hendrick three. Once we get into January things get re-assessed in light of form, fitness and who we've sold!

Archived