League Table and 2013 finish.

Uptherams

edit...

Leicester 2013 league fixtures: Sheff Wed, Brighton, Burnley, QPR, Reading, Bolton

Burnley 2013 league fixtures: Watford, Barnsley, Leicester, Blackpool, Middlesbrough, Wigan

QPR 2013 league fixtures: Bournemouth, Blackburn, Blackpool, Leicester, Forrest, Watford

Blackpool 2013 league fixtures: Yeovil, Derby, QPR, Burnley, Leeds, Brighton

And the Rams: Middlesbrough, Blackpool, Charlton, Doncaster, Huddersfield, Barnsley

We have got by far the easier opposition out of the top 5 for the remaining games of 2013. Burnley are already on the down with some tough games and QPR have some tough matches. They have only scored 19 in 17 games, just above 1 per match. 

I think we can aim and should aim for finishing 2013 in 3rd place. Everyone in the top 5 plays two other teams from the top 5 in  2013 while we only play one in Blackpool. Let's go to Pride Park and then the IPro stadium next week and really get behind the Rams and show the rest of the league we mean business. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It feels like we've had an easy run of games and that looks to continue through December, at least in comparison to our rivals. But we've played everyone once by that point so if we are in a good position, we're there on merit. That's a nice thought.

Boro W

Blackpool W

Charlton W

Doncaster W

Hudds W

Barnsley W

Agree with you here, see no reason why we can't beat all of those teams! I know it's not as simple as it can sound, but can see us out scoring all of those teams.

Just take it one ge at a time, hope to stay unbeaten through those games at the least though.

edit...

Leicester 2013 league fixtures: Sheff Wed, Brighton, Burnley, QPR, Reading, Bolton

Burnley 2013 league fixtures: Watford, Barnsley, Leicester, Blackpool, Middlesbrough, Wigan

QPR 2013 league fixtures: Bournemouth, Blackburn, Blackpool, Leicester, Forrest, Watford

Blackpool 2013 league fixtures: Yeovil, Derby, QPR, Burnley, Leeds, Brighton

And the Rams: Middlesbrough, Blackpool, Charlton, Doncaster, Huddersfield, Barnsley

We have got by far the easier opposition out of the top 5 for the remaining games of 2013. Burnley are already on the down with some tough games and QPR have some tough matches. They have only scored 19 in 17 games, just above 1 per match. 

I think we can aim and should aim for finishing 2013 in 3rd place. Everyone in the top 5 plays two other teams from the top 5 in  2013 while we only play one in Blackpool. Let's go to Pride Park and then the IPro stadium next week and really get behind the Rams and show the rest of the league we mean business. 

Great thread,

We have a comparatively easy run in to 2014 and could easily be 3rd if we can recover our form from the blip of the last 3 halves.

Blackpool and Huddersfield are the only teams in the top 12 we havent played yet....I think

A deplited Blackpool as well! Other teams to play them won't get the same treatment, which is great.

Hudds is the only game I can see us really struggling in, they attack with pace on the wings and are very direct in their attacking play. Apart from that game, I don't see why we can't win the rest of them if I'm honest!

But they'll obviously be a spanner in the works because there's not enough difference between us and our coming opponents for us to have a poor game and them to be gunning for us and yet we still win.

We've had 3 below par halves on the trot. Somebody is going to be well up for us soon. We aren't that good that we can afford 3 more bad halves together.

We have put ourselves well and truly on other clubs radar with our recent good run so we must expect they will do their homework and try to stop us any way they can..

Blackpool will be on damage limitation on Saturday and i fully expect a really difficult and hard fought game again.

We are 7 points off the top two, so if we go into 2014 with that gap down to 3 or 4 points then we'll have had a tremendous first half of the season with all to play for.

Charlton and Huddersfield are the danger games for me.

Charlton have one of the worst home records in the league.. thankfully.

and we've picked up more points away than Huddersfield have at home - so that's promising.

I see no reason why we can't pick up maximum points, but as Alpha said - it doesn't always work like that, we've got a tricky month in January, that involves the owd Leicester away trip (again)  <_< so we may need to win them all to carry us over into January where it becomes a bit tougher.

Charlton have one of the worst home records in the league.. thankfully.

and we've picked up more points away than Huddersfield have at home - so that's promising.

I see no reason why we can't pick up maximum points, but as Alpha said - it doesn't always work like that, we've got a tricky month in January, that involves the owd Leicester away trip (again)  <_< so we may need to win them all to carry us over into January where it becomes a bit tougher.

Maybe I've still got the old Clough mentality...

That said, just thing Boxing Day away is always hard, and they've picked up recently. Plus a trip down to London can always be tricky, especially when you're expected to win.

Archived