Lee Grant

North_Stand_Ram

Doubt many people will have noticed yesterday but Grant was kicking the ball quite high in the second half and Martin was struggling to win headers against Ramis. Then I saw Eric Steele come out of the dugout and get grant to change the kicking style to make it flatter. Since that point on Martin was winning loads more flick ons. It's just little things like that, that can make all the difference.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt many people will have noticed yesterday but Grant was kicking the ball quite high in the second half and Martin was struggling to win headers against Ramis. Then I saw Eric Steele come out of the dugout and get grant to change the kicking style to make it flatter. Since that point on Martin was winning loads more flick ons. It's just little things like that, that can make all the difference.

Good spot.

I also noticed that occasionally Martin would run under the ball, dragging the central defender with him, which allowed the ball to carry over the pair of them to Russell or Dawkins (dependent upon which side of the pitch Grant was kicking to).

Archived