Who would you keep from the current squad

David

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wisdom (I'd loan him back or make a cheeky bid)
Hendrick
Bryson
Hughes
Russell
Ward
There all the players who I'd keep in the first team.

Grant
Freeman
Keogh
Forsyth
Jacobs
Coutts
Martin
Bennett
Dawkins
There the players who I'd keep for cover / squad players

The rest I'd sell and for players like OB etc I'd loan out.

Looking at it, we would have to sign a good 6-7 players, depending on if we sign anyone in Jan that is.

I've thought of this many a time actually. There are certain members of the squad who could make the step up and it's quite a nice team as in it has players who will mature into PL players if/when we're up there.

New GK

Wisdom/Brayford Wisdom/New CB New CB New LB

Hendrick Hughes Bryson

Russell  New ST Ward

Slightly harsh leaving Martin out, but he'd definitely be a squad player and great competition for a 1st choice ST. We'd basically need a new back 4, Brayford would be perfect to buy if we were to go up this year, but part of me would think we'd be able to get Wisdom on loan again; a bottom PL side he already knows well is exactly what Liverpool will want (or get both and play Wisdom at CB) I've given Russell the benefit of the doubt, because until the injury I think he was really stepping up to the plate, similar situation with Hendrick. Wardy deserves his pop at the PL, he'll be raring for us to go up this year. Hendrick, Hughes and Bryson are pretty obvious, doubt anyone else would make the cut though. Players like Keogh, Forsyth, Grant, Sammon and Dawkins would be good squad players though.

Also Bennett would be decent to loan out.

Conner Doyle will be like a new signing when he returns. The completion for places now is quite healthy.

Great partnership with soon-to-be league leading goalscorer Callum Ball.

Archived