Having a dilemma

Cisse

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cisse it really depends what kind of high you're looking for.

A massive buzz (with the potential for a huge letdown) or a steady drip of knowing you made the right choice financially

A watch is the only piece of jewellery a man can buy for himself and still expect to be taken seriously.

It can show a real statement of class every time you wear it, especially when sitting with the type of people who will recognise and appreciate both the beauty and the luxury element of it.

I've never bought an expensive watch myself, something tells me just to be sensible, I only need it to tell the time, having said that I always get a real lift when I wear a really smart new suit. My chest goes out and I walk a bit taller.

There's a lot to be said for feeling good.

An elegant beautiful time piece like that would make you smile a little bit every time you looked at it.

Now, how much would you pay to see Chris Martin notching his 25th goal of the season  taking Derby 3 points clear at the top. With 29000 other rams and gritsone's post it note.

How much would you regret not coming to THAT game you had a chance to come to.

In years to come would you rather talk about the day you bought that watch that you sold last year, or would you want to remember the day you paid a fortune to go and watch the rams on a freezing cold February night in 2013  Only to see them lose.....

If you can live with blowing your cash for a rush of emotions, then the football wins hands down every time.

If you're looking to be admired by strangers in a room, if you want to be sensible, steady and a bit wealthier, get the watch, get down to the pub with a couple of mates to watch the games on sky with a cold beer and a warm fire.

The thing is both the watch and the trip will be appreciated every day. I'm happy that I have owned the watches I have had. Also very happy with my trips and the things I have seen and people that I have met. The pointy room excluded. :p

I make a point of not hanging in the crowds that would recognise my watches, My watches are meant for my pleasure and I'll try to buy watches that are not so well known brands that they would be recognised as fancy items.

I try to choose wisely between these two.

If he was Swedish he could afford both! Those " uppity Swedes " huh Cisse.

Let's make something very clear. There are only three things in Sweden in their history that don't suck. Björn Borg, ABBA and Tina Nordström. Otherwise everything Sweden related sucks. Suck suck suck !

Let's make something very clear. There are only three things in Sweden in their history that don't suck. Björn Borg, ABBA and Tina Nordström. Otherwise everything Sweden related sucks. Suck suck suck !

Funny that.. They say the same about Finland except they just think you suck. There are no " three good things"!!

You should ask Swedes about their war heroes. :D

I love living here mate. Find the Swedes in general to be a quite reticent population. Takes time for them to warm up but once they get there then they are very loyal caring friends. But for a country of such limited numbers populice wise their achievements in arts, music, technology, sport, literature are quite frankly astonishing.

Jag bor har 12 år nu. Min fru ar Svensk, fran norrland. Min livet ar bra. Mycket lyklyg. Vi har en son. 3 år. Min askling. Sooooo heja Sverige. Heja Scandinavia.

Ok. At this point I have taken one too many. Time for the truth. You lot have no idea how hard it is to decide between going to buy a masterpiece watch that is pure art or coming there to chase people out of their hiding places behind the counter of Brunny. :wacko:

Now that we are doing so well the temptation to book a trip there in March is growing. The thing is that I might lose a lot of work hours next year. Imagine that happening - we finally start winning and then you can't show up to enjoy it. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived