Has supporting Derby ever kept you going?

PrivateDerby

Derby, Football & Life  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My back pass.

"http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/01/article-0-190A050D000005DC-551_964x632" alt="article-0-190A050D000005DC-551_964x632.j">

My reaction

"http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/70419000/jpg/_70419835_mcfarlandandhunter" alt="_70419835_mcfarlandandhunter">

I even dream in black and white! Wayhay!

WELL, you're in a Derby shirt, Shilton is not playing for Derby, perhaps you scored FOR us against him.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a great story in Fever Pitch about the author being in the Arsenal mob at Derby when Charlie George scored their winning goal, can't remember the exact words but he describes being chased all the way back to the station by "northern, boot wearing skinheads and it raining bricks and bottles!"

Whistles innocently.

Animals! 

So just under half reckon at some point in there life Derby or football has either helped them through or given them summat else to think about and a third say it definitely has... not bad really, especially as we've been so **** for about 15 years, up the rams! 

.....and bring on a better 2014 and promotion push!

So just under half reckon at some point in there life Derby or football has either helped them through or given them summat else to think about and a third say it definitely has... not bad really, especially as we've been so **** for about 15 years, up the rams! 

.....and bring on a better 2014 and promotion push!

Some people choose/chose to vent their anger at the trivial things in life, like the fact Nigel Clough sat down when we conceded in the last twenty minutes of a game. This allowed them to ignore their real problems! ;)

I think the answer for me is a (nearly) flat out no tbh, aside from maybe one or two results against Forest.

Derby seem to have this bizarre habit matching up to whatever else is going on - when things are rubbish, Derby are rubbish when things stagnate for years on end, Derby stagnate for years on end.

I recently got given the opportunity to do some work (for the first time in... a while) and I'm enjoying that - just in time for Derby to appoint McLaren and for things to pick up! We'd better watch out though because there's not enough money in the budget to keep me in this job beyond Christmas, so expect a dip from Derby too!

I did some serious thinking how football - not only Derby- has affected to my life. And it's been enormous. I'll put it shortly here:

- Part of identity

- Better health vs. broken body... 2-edged sword so can't really decide

- Friends

- After involuntary quitting our team's sponsor hired me

- Schedules life

- Lots of feelings! And teaching how to handle those too

etc.. Those are the biggest ones. Unbelievable list really.

Archived