E I E I E I O

Day

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh absolutely. I said a few weeks ago that a loss in that situation would put me over an edge I don't want to go over. However if it happened and we won.... I'd probably be so delerious and giddy I'd have a heart attack!

so what would happen if it was 0-0 and we had a corner in the 89th minute?

ward steps up takes the corner towards the penalty spot out of nowhere bucko runs into the area totally unmarked has his header rebound off the bar and clear out towards barker ( yes hes back ) and hits a screemer into the top right corner of the goal that wins us the match then? :)

The rarified air up in 7th place is creating a sense of euphoria.

We are so used to trudging around base camp that the view from up here is making everyone giddy.

Enjoy the view, but don't fall off.

We still have to be able to beat the top 6 as far as i'm concerned.

The rarified air up in 7th place is creating a sense of euphoria.

We are so used to trudging around base camp that the view from up here is making everyone giddy.

Enjoy the view, but don't fall off.

We still have to be able to beat the top 6 as far as i'm concerned.

I agree. If we can defend better against the top 6 then we'll get the results against them. For example, we could have had a draw at QPR if it wasn't for them pathetic defensive errors. Grinding out a draw at there place would have been a great result. 

I don't want to curse it, but we've got a really good chance of placing ourselves in the top 6 in our December games. Here's my prediction.

Wigan (A) - 1 point

Middlesborough (H) - 3 points

Blackpool (H) - 1 point

Charlton (A) - 3 points

Doncaster (H) - 3 points

Huddersfield (A) - 1 point

Barnsley (A) - 3 points

15 points in December. I don't think that's unrealistic at all. As long as the defence plays well.

I agree. If we can defend better against the top 6 then we'll get the results against them. For example, we could have had a draw at QPR if it wasn't for them pathetic defensive errors. Grinding out a draw at there place would have been a great result.

I don't want to curse it, but we've got a really good chance of placing ourselves in the top 6 in our December games. Here's my prediction.

Wigan (A) - 1 point

Blackpool (H) - 1 point

Charlton (A) - 3 points

Doncaster (H) - 3 points

Barnsley (A) - 3 points

15 points in December. I don't think that's unrealistic at all. As long as the defence plays well.

All achievable but that would be 9 games unbeaten and the championship is very hard to predict. I imagine we may drop a few unexpected points but on the whole it will hopefully be a good month.

Wigan (A) - 1 point

Blackpool (H) - 1 point

Charlton (A) - 3 points

Doncaster (H) - 3 points

Barnsley (A) - 3 points

I think that last bit is pertinent. Once again today we were incapable of heading the ball out of our penalty area. We seem to head the ball straight up in the air or weakly to the edge of our box. Sooner or later we will be punished for this. Bucko played well at Bournemouth and the two full backs were better, but Keogh, one great interception apart, looked shaky and really didn't lead the defence, let alone the team. I have been a fan of his, believing he might recapture his form of last season, but I now think we should replace him permanently.

What I thought was good today was that we kept trying to play football rather than defending our lead by hoofing to the corners. This was far more effective at keeping them at bay and what we must aspire to if we hope for promotion.

I still can still win the league remain unbeaten through december collecting maxium points.

Even without Clough?

Don't get me wrong B4, it's great to see some positivity. But if we have a bad run don't be calling for the board and/or manager's head. Just remember November you were hoping for winning the league.

We'll probably lose at Wigan, then fail to beat Boro and people will be calling the Blackpool game a must-win if we are to keep our playoff dream alive..

Is football the only game in life where people lose all sense of reality?

I mean, if you were to win a game of scrabble would you then go on to say that you'll remain undefeated throughout December?

We'll probably lose at Wigan, then fail to beat Boro and people will be calling the Blackpool game a must-win if we are to keep our playoff dream alive..

Is football the only game in life where people lose all sense of reality?

I mean, if you were to win a game of scrabble would you then go on to say that you'll remain undefeated throughout December?

If they were playing me i think it would be safe to say that.

all I ask is do NOT sing EIEIEIO!

It's a jinx!

Sang it yesterday - didn't seem to jinx us.

Best song though was "That Andre Wisdom - he parks where he wants".

Genius.

Archived