Crotch v Groves

PrivateDerby

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible. I predicted Froch in 8 or 9, but that was a travesty.

Groves had earnt the right to be carried out on his shield and was stopped way too early. A good 6 points ahead when stopped for me, although how the hell two judges had him only one in front is beyond any explanation bar corruption. Take the knock down out of it and that means they scored the remainder of the fight level. Which is blatantly ******** as Groves had Froch rocked in at least 6 of the 8 prior round and had never looked in bother.

The crowd watched it and their reaction is more reliable verdict than any other.

Groves was quicker to the punch all night. He is also young and got a bit carried away. This led him into a scrap - the only way Froch could beat him. Groves was hurt, no doubt about that, and his legs had gone. However, I think a standing count should have at least been started.

I think the referee may still have then gone on to stop it, because even today Groves is saying 'having seen the fight I think the referee stepped in too early'. If he can't remember without seeing it again, he probably needed to be pulled out!

I pay for Sky Sports, boxing is a sport, I refuse to pay on top of what I already pay to watch a corrupt sport. Those who did.....fools.

it felt good watching it for 'free' on 'wiziwotsit' , i give Sky way , way too much of my hard earned money..

Does anyone else think it might have been a fair stop? Like Frock said, why let it go another 10 and end with injury...

But why stop the fight?

You don't stop the fight when someone gets knocked down, so why stop it when he was against the ropes..

Groves deserved a standing count. Lucian Bute got a standing count when he lost on the ropes.

It didn't make any sense whatsoever to stop it, especially as Groves was winning and was hardly taking a world of punishment. It was a corrupt decision to stop the fight. There is no other explanaition

Bris he hit him with four punches without reply, and had already turned his back to Froch trying to get away. Not intelligently defending himself.

Still, too early a stoppage for me.

So give it a count... Why stop the fight?

Has there ever been a fight where at one stage one of the fighters hasn't been pinned into the corner and received a barrage of punches..

It was a joke decision which is unsuprisingly been backed by the boards of boxing to cover up their scam.

You get fights like the Pacquiao vs Cotto fight where one has taken an absolute battering and which could seriously do some damage and allowed to carry on round after round.. And then this one where Froch for the first time in the fight got the upper hand and it was called off...

It that wasn't dodgy enough then the scorecards of Groves winning by one point (so after the knockdown Froch won 4 of the next 7 rounds) then you can see why people automatically assume this was yet another scandal.

It really does make no sense to stop the fight under those circumstances. A standing count gives the referee a bit of breathing space - time to make an assessment of the situation. I'm with Bris - fix.

Archived