Stadium deal provides funds.

Ambitious

Just did some maths to see the financial impacts our rise in attendances could have had.

The average gate before McClaren was 22401, since the change the average gate is now 26588 25201. 

An increase of 4187 2800 people. This means that if the average ticket price is £10 that is £41,876 £28,000 increase per home game. Considering the cheapest adult ticket is £10 the actual correct amount could be much bigger. 

With the extra money every home game I can see why we can now accommodate the wages of Wisdom, Whitbread, Keane and Dawkins. 

FTFY.

Also, apparently there were large away following for the three big attendances, so we don't know to what extent this trend will be as yet.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does that mean that when we play Middlesborough on a Wednesday night, and the attendance drops, we will no longer be able to afford to accommodate them and send them back?

People need to remember we've played Leeds and sheff wed. Two biggest away followings in the division! Brought 4,000 each.

People need to remember we've played Leeds and sheff wed. Two biggest away followings in the division! Brought 4,000 each.

So spread the word.

If we don't get 25,000 at least for Boro, I shall hold you personally responsible.

I'm loving all the positivity around the place, no need to twist facts to suit. Facts are speaking for themselves.

My thoughts entirely.

For the last 4 and a half years I have told myself that Nigel's approach was to be applauded, scrimping and saving, lowering the wage bill, bringing in unknowns who became knowns through playing for Derby. Perhaps it was - in fact, I'm sure it was. The club was bleeding to death thanks to BD and Jewell. A few minutes ago I replied to someone who was concerned about any loan fee we may have 'lost' on Smith's premature departure with "Who cares? We're fans" - or words of that ilk.

Things are different now at Derby - a world of difference in two months. Our job now is simply this - get behind the side and the club - and enjoy the ride. I wasn't even this optimistic a few months into TBE's reign.

My thoughts entirely.

For the last 4 and a half years I have told myself that Nigel's approach was to be applauded, scrimping and saving, lowering the wage bill, bringing in unknowns who became knowns through playing for Derby. Perhaps it was - in fact, I'm sure it was. The club was bleeding to death thanks to BD and Jewell. A few minutes ago I replied to someone who was concerned about any loan fee we may have 'lost' on Smith's premature departure with "Who cares? We're fans" - or words of that ilk.

Things are different now at Derby - a world of difference in two months. Our job now is simply this - get behind the side and the club - and enjoy the ride. I wasn't even this optimistic a few months into TBE's reign.

Whatever us as fans think of finances, there's nothing we can do to influence them. Loads of wannabe accountants about, not even our money! As long as we don't turn into Portsmouth I couldn't care less, all about the football

Archived