Stadium deal provides funds.

Ambitious

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the feck does he try to smile mid-sentence? It makes him look like David Cameron when he's trying to connect with 'regular people'. moron.

Definitely NOT a moron - a very intelligent person, whether you agree with him or not.

Definitely NOT a moron - a very intelligent person, whether you agree with him or not.

He's got a point though.

Ironically it makes him appear manipulative and shifty, which isn't very clever.

I think ruthless is about right an I don't have a problem with it so long as he delivers. You can't run a multi-million pound organisation successfully on the basis of being nice to everyone all the time.

He's got a point though.

Ironically it makes him appear manipulative and shifty, which isn't very clever.

Any point is being stretched beyond any recognition whatsoever. The word 'moron' used to be a classification of IQ above 50 but below 70, although it is now accepted as an implication of stupidity.

Nothing else.

Manipulative and shifty is an acceptable description.

Any point is being stretched beyond any recognition whatsoever. The word 'moron' used to be a classification of IQ above 50 but below 70, although it is now accepted as an implication of stupidity.

Nothing else.

Manipulative and shifty is an acceptable description.

I've worked with a few of these types. Not my cup of tea really but they are totally single minded. I'm hoping Sam turns out to be far more successful at "turning it around" than some of the aforementioned people. However, you'll be pleased to know that even if they didn't do particularly well, as individuals they normally left for higher positions and more money............

I've worked with a few of these types. Not my cup of tea really but they are totally single minded. I'm hoping Sam turns out to be far more successful at "turning it around" than some of the aforementioned people. However, you'll be pleased to know that even if they didn't do particularly well, as individuals they normally left for higher positions and more money............

In some organisations it's even possible to get promoted out of harms way!

I don't like it when people throw around the word very intelligent so casually. Very intelligent is a scientist or engineer. Looking at the world a different way to the majority of people and not accepting something as final. Trying to improve the world. Of course he isn't a moron but he is definitely someone you can not trust. He is in a position where morals don't mean much. You are set a goal, a target and you do whatever it takes to achieve that without questioning it or your own approach. 

Choosing to ignore morals or ethics does not make a person very intelligent. The success garnered in business is not representative of intelligence. Intelligence and business success is not linear, it is non-linear. 

I don't like it when people throw around the word very intelligent so casually. Very intelligent is a scientist or engineer. Looking at the world a different way to the majority of people and not accepting something as final. Trying to improve the world. Of course he isn't a moron but he is definitely someone you can not trust. He is in a position where morals don't mean much. You are set a goal, a target and you do whatever it takes to achieve that without questioning it or your own approach. 

Choosing to ignore morals or ethics does not make a person very intelligent. The success garnered in business is not representative of intelligence. Intelligence and business success is not linear, it is non-linear. 

Well, you'll just have to lump it then. 

I agree chap. Although I do look at these people as having skills that a lot of us don't and being able to do jobs that a lot of us couldn't. I sometimes wonder how I ended up being a subordinate to someone who the other week asked me to write a "draught" on something! She is paid double what I am and is way more successful than I'll ever be...and is an explosive sociopath for good measure. To go far in business you generally need to be absolutely ruthless so far as I can tell, brains is just a bonus in the world of management and big business in my opinion.

I had this issue watching Clough give interviews where by I got so distracted counting his 'erms' that I lost track of what he was saying. Then along came Stevey Mac and I have the same issue with concentrating on his accent fluctuation, and now Sam and his mid sentance smiling, which is ludacris, I have never seen anything like it!

Archived