Jack Cork

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesnt he play more the holding midfield role? So isnt the question is he better than Eustace? Im sure ive seen him cover at the back as well

Yeah - defensive midfielder and a very defensive one at that.

7 career goals in 250 games, let's hope he doesn't play upfront!!

good player mind, think he's only played 7 minutes of Premier League football this season, obviously not a first choice player.

good player mind, think he's only played 7 minutes of Premier League football this season, obviously not a first choice player.

Not first choice yet Fulham supposedly will pay 3 million for him, surely out of our range .

So he is better for us than Hughes?

he doesn't play for us, but it is true that a better player individually can have a lesser influence on the game than someone with less ability. Cork is involved in almost everything, he RUNS game, he's a midfield boss with ability to play the game. Will, with all his undoubted ability and potential, is not yet the finished article, and does occasionally become anonymous and not have any influence on the game.

As a crude example, some would say that David Silva is a much better footballer than say.. Yaya Toure, yet Toure is undoubtedly more influential in the overall 90 minutes of a game.

Not first choice yet Fulham supposedly will pay 3 million for him, surely out of our range .

Absolutely no chance Fulham will pay that.. guarantee it!

They're well stocked in that area of the pitch, they won't pay 3 million for a player in the reserves of another side.

Eustace won't be with us at the start of next season. Cisse looked great but he is still 29. If we want to be serious contenders for promotion we need two players competing for every position. Cisse would be the short term option (2 years perhaps +1 year extension from then on). Cork would be a more long term prospect. 

According to wiki he is on £15,000 a week. I suspect that If we offered a contract it would be at most £10,000 a week with a promotion clause. 

If we rate Hughes and promotion is our goal this season or next, then selling him is absolutely ridiculous especially if the club considers Hughes to have the potential we all know him to possess. 

No shame in that really, Southampton are clear best of the rest behind the top 6/7.

Not seen enough of Cork to jizz over him but I do know, apart from possibly Archie Gemmill, I have never seen such an all round team player better than Will Hughes. 

As much as he is blessed with individual skill, Will's main strength is in his willingness to work and graft, keep possession, be available for an easy ball from a team mate, probe, pass, track back, score goals, tackle and create.

If true, i hope and pray Cork turns out to be a decent replacement but i will be absolutely devastated to see the back of Hughsey.

That lad could take us up and keep us there if we built the team around him.

Archived