• Hoganson,
  • Ball,
  • Doyle,
  • Naylor,
  • Jacobs,
  • Oconnor,
  • Atkins.

Would we miss any of them?

Only concern would be no cover for Martin if Sammon goes, having said that Callum Ball has better hold up play than Sammon.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current players not in the first team picture:

• Bailey,
  • Sammon,
  • Davies,
  • Freeman,
  • Gjokak,
  • Hoganson,
  • Ball,
  • Doyle,
  • Naylor,
  • Jacobs,
  • Oconnor,
  • Atkins.

Only concern would be no cover for Martin if Sammon goes, having said that Callum Ball has better hold up play than Sammon.

we need to have a ball or how would we play?

Current players not in the first team picture:

• Bailey,
  • Sammon,
  • Davies,
  • Freeman,
  • Gjokak,
  • Hoganson,
  • Ball,
  • Doyle,
  • Naylor,
  • Jacobs,
  • Oconnor,
  • Atkins.

We don't know if Bailey or Davies are out the picture as they haven't been fit but Davies did come on at the weekend so can't be that out of it.

Heard and loads of sh*it on twitter about derby "snapping up" that martins who was on loan at brum a few years back? Think his first name is obafemi

Heard and loads of sh*it on twitter about derby "snapping up" that martins who was on loan at brum a few years back? Think his first name is obafemi

Obafemi Martins, that Nigerian who played for Internazionale? One of quickest players in the world? yep yep..

It's rumours of players like Martins that scare me if I'm honest.

Pretty high risk for a club our size, hasn't really done a great deal since Newcastle when he should have been in the prime of his career and the kind of player that put the club at risk 5 years ago. I might be doing him a complete disservice but for me he's the kind of player that could upset the balance of our hardworking, honest squad. Big wages, relatively sketchy form in the last few years and I can't see that we need too much more up top anyway.

It's probably nonsense but I don't think we need to do anything particularly clever or rash with the squad we have.

So far the loan signings have been fairly astute, Dawkins looks promising and Wisdom has been solid but I don't think we need to go crazy. If Cisse proves himself then I'd expect him to be added and we could perhaps do with someone to challenge Forsyth at LB but apart from that I would hope that we don't do anything too disruptive in January, depending on where we are in the table. I'd much rather we continue to build at a reasonable rate than spunk loads of money on risky foreign imports.

Hughes will be sold but will be loaned back for the rest of the season other than that I can only see outgoings.

bailey will stay as McLaren took him off the transfer list a few weeks back that clough put him on.

on a different topic ( sorry ) was lee grant in the squad that got us promoted back in 06/07 as I can't remember for the life of me. I have it in my head the 3 keepers were

bywater

lee camp

lee grant

I may be wrong though.

Archived