The worst movie you ever watched from start to finish ?

Cisse

The Golden Compass (it's on channel 4 as I type). After reading and loving Phillip Pullman's books when I was young, I was really excited to see them made into films. Sadly they ballsed it up enormously.
I'm hoping they aren't going to do the same thing with the film version of The Book Thief, another of my favourite books.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Golden Compass (it's on channel 4 as I type). After reading and loving Phillip Pullman's books when I was young, I was really excited to see them made into films. Sadly they ballsed it up enormously.

I'm hoping they aren't going to do the same thing with the film version of The Book Thief, another of my favourite books.

And the main actress in it, forgot her name, but she is so annoying. 

And the main actress in it, forgot her name, but she is so annoying. 

Yep. She is so irritating. It's tough when the lead role is a child because decent child actors are hard to find.

The more I watch Game of Thrones the more I think the girl who plays Arya would be great as Lyra in the Northen Lights

Sharknado. On my third attempt at watching the crock of poo I managed to watch it all the way through.

Didn't take long to be deleted off my hard drive soon after.

Sharknado is another 'Wild Women of Wonga' or 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'.

So awful it's wonderful. Watch it again.

• 2 months later...

She's The One (1996) is a close call. Started to watch the movie because John Mahoney was in cast. However there were also Jennifer Aniston and Cameron Diaz who were totally blown away by beauty of the actress Maxine Bahns.

The movie sucked but I think I'm in love. :wub:

Sharknado...

So so so bad it was almost good! Made better by the fact there were about 5 of us drinking and watching it.

I'm chuckling to myself now at some of the scenes and it was months ago I watched it.

Definitely goes into the 'classic but dreadful' category. Better than "Megashark v Giant Octopus" - although the scene where the shark downs a jumbo jet is a 'must see'.

Videodrome (1983)

Hardcore ography, sadomasochism, mind control, and living televisions all play crucial roles in Videodrome, one of director David Cronenberg's explorations of dangerous sexuality and technological obsession.

The morally questionable hero of the tale is one Max Renn (James Woods), a television executive searching for an intense new program for his sex-oriented network. He ultimately discovers an underground program called "Videodrome," which appears to broadcast ographic snuff films of actual murders. Horrified but perversely intrigued, Renn sets out to find the truth behind the program. During his search, he meets alluring femme fatale Nicki (Blondie lead singer Debbie Harry), technology cult leader Bianca O'Blivion, and other mysterious figures.

Things become even more disturbing for Renn as his addiction grows, and the program begins to infect the outside world -- or perhaps merely destroy own his sanity. Cronenberg mingles his cerebral concerns about the nature of reality in the video age with enough visceral gore (courtesy of Rick Baker) to satisfy the film's intended horror audience.

If I had the benefit of this synopsis back in 1983 I may have had an idea what the hell was going on. Still, Debbie Harry was fit and naked in it which was my main purpose for watching this film as a hormonal 16 year old.

Archived