An evening with Sam Rush, 6th November Derby Theatre.

Boycie

Also, the guy from the Uni, he seemed a really nice chap, this wasn't a one off night laid on as a pr stunt for Derby or Sam, it was part of a series of "evening with" events done by the uni at the Derby Theatre, which they run now of course.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam used to be Beckhams lawyer when Fergie threw the boot at him, and Becks was caught with another woman in Spain.

He advised Becks not the wear his hair in an Alice band to show off his injury, and also was gob smacked when he received the grainy picture of Becks with another woman on the Friday before it was printed on the Sunday.

I hope he doesn't see us as a vehicle to raise his own profile to go on to bigger and better things. "http://knifewallpapers.com/smilies/thumbs_up_smiley" alt="thumbs_up_smiley">

I think he probably does, don't we all try and progress in life? I think the point I was making is that his decisions and public profile can go both ways. Publicly humiliated if he fails, but if we get promoted in the next couple of years he is a public hero and may well may on to better things.

Sam used to be Beckhams lawyer when Fergie threw the boot at him, and Becks was caught with another woman in Spain.

He advised Becks not the wear his hair in an Alice band to show off his injury, and also was gob smacked when he received the grainy picture of Becks with another woman on the Friday before it was printed on the Sunday.

that cannot be true surely?

I thought Fergie kicked the boot.

I was sceptical about this - but it looks like it's actually true. He was Beckham's sports lawyer at the time through the SFX Agency

http://www.thelawyer.com/ex-bird-and-bird-lawyer-lands-beckham-deal/98867.article

What this bit of Google research actually shows is the remarkable ascendency of the guy's career.

In 1996 he was an ex-Saracen's left winger training to be a Sports Lawyer with SJ Berwin.

Then qualified and moved to Bird & Bird and by January 2002 had been head-hunted to become the head lawyer for Clear Channel Entertainment’s sport and theatre groups.

Within 18 months he had been promoted to Chief Operating Officer for the whole of the Sports group (SFX) which was then bought out by Wasserman and he continued in the role for nearly 10 years before getting the Derby County gig.

Fair play to the bloke, the Derby role is a massive risk to his impressive CV if he cocks this up. I'm surprised it appealed to him really

All I can say from the one time I met Sam was that he struck me as a highly intelligent man (almost as intelligent as me, I should think) and he is very ambitious. There we differ.

i'm out at the intelligent bit.

Yeah, but you probably leave me behind in many other areas. Intelligence means one thing only - the ability to perform well in intelligence tests.

All I can say from the one time I met Sam was that he struck me as a highly intelligent man (almost as intelligent as me, I should think) and he is very ambitious. There we differ.

I thought that, although his mouth struggles to keep up with his brain!

He's deadly ambitious I think. His career path shows this. I have no problem with him seeing Derby as a stepping stone to Dyke's, Platini's or Blatter's job(s). Invariably, he'd have to do well here to have any chance of being considered for those roles.

Archived