Sheff Utd fans views on NC

McMuffin

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Move to Sheff Utd makes sense with Weir being there. But I remember him moving to Oldham first (to replace Kuqi who had excellent season for them)... It was suprise move at the time, everyone (ok, leave out couple forumist here) expected him to move at least Championship level. Didn't he broke Everton's and Rooney's record for being youngest goalscorer? And some other records too, I'm pretty sure about it.

Just looked it up, didn't score for Everton in 15 appearances. Took the record from James Vaughan for youngest ever player.

That was in 2008-09 and 6 years after making a Premier League debut he now finds himself in League One.

That's only .half the story with Baxter though.I

'm going to look for that article where he could have sat on a premier league clubs bench cos that's not how I remember it.

As far as I remember it he was on the dole and looking for a club having been released due to a poor attitude. Didn't he have to go on trial at Oldham to earn a contract?

I'd say you being very selective in your views of Baxter Mr Ramsbottom.

Just looked it up, didn't score for Everton in 15 appearances. Took the record from James Vaughan for youngest ever player.

That was in 2008-09 and 6 years after making a Premier League debut he now finds himself in League One.

Ok.

I can be totally wrong, but maybe he scored more than Rooney in academy? I recall some of his achievements we're very impressive. Unfortunately there's too much non-football-related information in my head so I can't remember this important fact...

But one thing definitely got right, he should be playing higher already!

'm going to look for that article where he could have sat on a premier league clubs bench cos that's not how I remember it.

As far as I remember it he was on the dole and looking for a club having been released due to a poor attitude. Didn't he have to go on trial at Oldham to earn a contract?

Mr Ramsbottom??? Come on, we're all friends here, call me by my first name... Blanchard.

He may well have had a poor attitude as he only came to my attention after I saw him play for Oldham a couple of times. Ravel Morrison has had a pretty checkered past but that doesn't mean he doesn't have quality. I'm not saying Baxter should be pushing for England honours but he's a good, and taking into account he's only 21, and promising player. Ripe for Nigel to mould...

Everton offered him a contract to stay but he chose to leave to find first team football....

Everton manager David Moyes believes Jose Baxter has the ability to return to the Premier League.

Baxter will face his former club when they take on Oldham Athletic in tomorrow evening's FA Cup tie for the first time since he left the Blues at the end of last season.

But Moyes feels the versatile attacker possesses the potential to someday rejoin the top flight.

"I think, given time, he's certainly got the ability," admitted the Toffees boss.

"He's got a very good football brain and because of that he's a gifted and talented player.

"Jose will have a good, long career - I have no doubt about that."

The 21-year-old spent large parts of the previous campaign on loan at Tranmere Rovers but chose to turn down a new contract by Everton in favour of frequent first-team football.

After an unsuccessful trial with Crystal Palace, Baxter moved to the Latics and was part of the side that dumped Liverpool out of the fourth round of the competition last month.

And Moyes admires the bravery of the Bootle-born midfielder in choosing to break out of his comfort zone in order to fulfill his ambition of gaining regular playing time.

He added: "We offered him a contract to stay but he chose to go. He'd been out on loan and was probably finding it a struggle because he got into the first team very early.

"What he did need to do was go and play, so I admire him for that because there's a lot of players who don't choose to do that.

"I like Jose. He was a good player. We liked him around the club. He's technically a very good player. I watched him play for Oldham last week and he played very well."

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/everton-fc-news/1218275-everton-fc-old-boy-jose-baxter-backed-to-make-premier-league-return.html

Everton offered him a contract to stay but he chose to leave to find first team football....

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/everton-fc-news/1218275-everton-fc-old-boy-jose-baxter-backed-to-make-premier-league-return.html

In that case,

Dear Blanchard Ramsbottom,

You were right and I was wrong.In future I shall bow down to your knowledge of all things Baxteresque.

Sorry.

(still personally think he's a narky **** though, which is undeniably harsh as I don't know him at all)

In that case,

Dear Blanchard Ramsbottom,

You were right and I was wrong.In future I shall bow down to your knowledge of all things Baxteresque.

Sorry.

(still personally think he's a narky **** though, which is undeniably harsh as I don't know him at all)

Blanchard forgives you my son.

With him being from Bootle you're probably right... Good player though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived