Sheff Utd fans views on NC

McMuffin

Why do you imagine that?

Don't remember Clough ever doing that to anyone for a sending off.

Also who is Jose Baxter and what has he done to deserve a starting place? Was he setting League One on fire under David Weir?

I was referring to Nigel's habit of ostracizing of players whose errors of judgement cost the team points al a Cwyka.

As for Baxter he's an ex Everton striker/midfielder who has bagged 20 goals in little over 50 games at League 1 level and is widely regarded as one of the most promising players outside the Premiership.

I can't imagine many players have excelled themselves under David Weir or they'd but in a better position than they are now, but according to his stats he's player 6 and scored 1 so far this season.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Nigel already has to win the next game, because rightly or wrongly his surname did generate more patience from fans, though I still argue it had more to do with the tight constraints he had to contend with. His surname won't mean a thing for Blades.

I worry Nigel will regret being a man of honour, that being Sheff Utd offered him the Job before Boro apparently.

It was ruthless to get rid of him, but McClaren on paper at least, is obviously an upgrade.

I was referring to Nigel's habit of ostracizing of players whose errors of judgement cost the team points al a Cwyka.

As for Baxter he's an ex Everton striker/midfielder who has bagged 20 goals in little over 50 games at League 1 level and is widely regarded as one of the most promising players outside the Premiership.

I can't imagine many players have excelled themselves under David Weir or they'd but in a better position than they are now, but according to his stats he's player 6 and scored 1 so far this season.

Oh yes that habit of ostracising 2 or 3 out of the hundreds that he managed while in charge at Derby. You do realise that there are only 11 starting places and 6 or 7 on the bench right?

Oh right, well he's obviously not that promising then or he would be in The Championship.

It would appear David Weir and Nigel Clough obviously agree that he isn't that promising either if he has only started half of the games.

I think Nigel already has to win the next game, because rightly or wrongly his surname did generate more patience from fans, though I still argue it had more to do with the tight constraints he had to contend with. His surname won't mean a thing for Blades.

I worry Nigel will regret being a man of honour, that being Sheff Utd offered him the Job before Boro apparently.

It was ruthless to get rid of him, but McClaren on paper at least, is obviously an upgrade.

Totally disagree his next game is 'must win'. If he loses the next game he wont necessarily get relegated and he won't lose his job.

I was referring to Nigel's habit of ostracizing of players whose errors of judgement cost the team points al a Cwyka.[/size]

[/size]

As for Baxter he's an ex Everton striker/midfielder who has bagged 20 goals in little over 50 games at League 1 level and is widely regarded as one of the most promising players outside the Premiership.[/size]

[/size]

I can't imagine many players have excelled themselves under David Weir or they'd but in a better position than they are now, but according to his stats he's player 6 and scored 1 so far this season.[/size]

Did he ostracise Cwyka? Gave him a bollocking on the radio then played him next game and he did well I seem to remember.

He even started in the 2-1 at forest - was only taken off because Fielding got sent off, and at full time he had his arm round Cwyka. But don't let that get in the way of your agenda.

Totally disagree his next game is 'must win'. If he loses the next game he wont necessarily get relegated and he won't lose his job.

I honestly think Sheff Utd may do a Blackburn, and have 3 different managers in a season, if Nigel doesn't get results quickly. I really want him to do well. But I think hes under more pressure than at any point as Derby manager.

The width of that regard has failed to reach as far as me yet.

Oh yes that habit of ostracising 2 or 3 out of the hundreds that he managed while in charge at Derby. You do realise that there are only 11 starting places and 6 or 7 on the bench right? Oh right, well he's obviously not that promising then or he would be in The Championship. It would appear David Weir and Nigel Clough obviously agree that he isn't that promising either if he has only started half of the games.
So it was purely coincidence that Cwyka's appearances tailed off after the game he cost us all three points and he was eventually moved on. I'm surely not the only one at the time that found it odd he wasn't played more often after that and was annoyed by Nigel's stubbornness in not playing him??? The mistake your making is that you think I'm one of the Nigel haters but in truth I like the bloke and was desperate for him to succeed despite his short comings. I will make it a point to always look out for their results from now on even though I dislike them as a club due to their association with Neil Warnock... Baxter has been injured so his appearances have been limited. As for why he's not playing in the Championship, might have something to do with Weir being his old Youth Team Manager at Everton that swung it, I don't know. However I do know that from the few times I have seen him play he's a good player. Hence why I was querying why he's on the bench...

I honestly think Sheff Utd may do a Blackburn, and have 3 different managers in a season, if Nigel doesn't get results quickly. I really want him to do well. But I think hes under more pressure than at any point as Derby manager.

Just to add to that point has there ever been a manager sacked twice in the same season?

As for why he's not playing in the Championship, might have something to do with Weir being his old Youth Team Manager at Everton that swung it, I don't know. However I do know that from the few times I have seen him play he's a good player. Hence why I was querying why he's on the bench...

Move to Sheff Utd makes sense with Weir being there. But I remember him moving to Oldham first (to replace Kuqi who had excellent season for them)... It was suprise move at the time, everyone (ok, leave out couple forumist here) expected him to move at least Championship level. Didn't he broke Everton's and Rooney's record for being youngest goalscorer? And some other records too, I'm pretty sure about it.

So it was purely coincidence that Cwyka's appearances tailed off after the game he cost us all three points and he was eventually moved on. I'm surely not the only one at the time that found it odd he wasn't played more often after that and was annoyed by Nigel's stubbornness in not playing him??? The mistake your making is that you think I'm one of the Nigel haters but in truth I like the bloke and was desperate for him to succeed despite his short comings. I will make it a point to always look out for their results from now on even though I dislike them as a club due to their association with Neil Warnock... Baxter has been injured so his appearances have been limited. As for why he's not playing in the Championship, might have something to do with Weir being his old Youth Team Manager at Everton that swung it, I don't know. However I do know that from the few times I have seen him play he's a good player. Hence why I was querying why he's on the bench...

No it is not a coincidence that when a player makes mistakes that he finds himself dropped. Is Pellgrini ostracising Hart or has he just decided that his mistakes are costing the team points.

Maybe Cywka decided that he wanted first team football and requested a move?

I wasn't being funny about Baxter, I have genuinely never heard of him so found the suggestion that he is one of the best prospects outside of The Premier League surprised me, not saying it is wrong but I thought I would have heard his name mentioned before if he is that good.

No it is not a coincidence that when a player makes mistakes that he finds himself dropped. Is Pellgrini ostracising Hart or has he just decided that his mistakes are costing the team points.

Maybe Cywka decided that he wanted first team football and requested a move?

I wasn't being funny about Baxter, I have genuinely never heard of him so found the suggestion that he is one of the best prospects outside of The Premier League surprised me, not saying it is wrong but I thought I would have heard his name mentioned before if he is that good.

As Dimmu said, it was a surprise when he signed for Oldham but he did an interview in the Daily Telegraph last season where he basically said he could've sat on the bench with a Prem side but just wanted to play regular football to help him develop. Comes across as a very level headed lad who plays for the love of the game and not to swell his bank balance like a lot of young Prem players.

Archived