Wenger, can he eclipse Fergie ?

mozza

He's got to be the best manager in the country , hasn't he ?

Just beaten his nearest rivals , (Liverpool) , 2-0 , to go 5 points

clear at the top of the Premiership , entertaining along the way :)

To think Arsenal 'fans'  were calling for his head , not so long ago ,

fickle , or what ?

Top manager , in a top job . Good luck to the bloke , i say .

Arsenal , the best team in Red , by far.. :D

(Wish we had him )

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the change arounds I'd imagine it's Arsenal's best chance of winning the league this year..

But they haven't had any particularly challenging games yet.. They've had Spurs and Liverpool at home.. But they've still got to play the likes of Everton, Liverpool Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Newcastle, Spurs, Southampton etc. away from home yet..

Their away games so far have been Fulham, Swansea, WBA, Sunderland and Palace.. To be honest you'd expect to win them all..

Maybe the media will stop hounding him out.

Think he's perhaps gone off the rails a bit when he decided he wanted athletic footballers but he seems to be reverting to what made him successful.

The only thing about Wenger since the Henry, Pires days is that he never seems to be able to satisfy his top players and they leave. He really could do with putting in a decent shift in one of the tournaments to satisfy players who might not want to be also rans in everything.

That athletic route... Newcastle followed them down it.

How can we possibly lose if our players are bigger, stronger and faster?

erm... Because this isn't an individual sport where the body is the star. There's a ball and everything.

Think he's perhaps gone off the rails a bit when he decided he wanted athletic footballers but he seems to be reverting to what made him successful.

The only thing about Wenger since the Henry, Pires days is that he never seems to be able to satisfy his top players and they leave. He really could do with putting in a decent shift in one of the tournaments to satisfy players who might not want to be also rans in everything.

erm... Because this isn't an individual sport where the body is the star. There's a ball and everything.

I think Arsenal's recent downfall has been a genuine lack of quality in depth and no recognised destroyer type player. They seem to have addressed those two things this season but i think overall City have a stronger squad. I dont think they ever lacked skillful attacking players.

I want Arsenal to win sonething this season, it's their best chance in years! Whether Wenger can eclipse Fergie i doubt, he'll have to go on a five year run where he gets a couple of trophies a year to even get close.

Prem is more interesting this year though.

I mentioned this a couple of years back..

When their team consisted of Song, Eboue, Diaby, Bendtner, Girvinho etc.. It was a very athletic side but it lacked basic ball ability.. With Fabregas and Van Persie that team could have been so much better..

It was amazing around 2008 when the likes of David Silva, David Villa, Santi Cazorla, Jesus Navas and Mata were available for dirt cheap.. Yet no-one wanted them.. Everyone wanted to athletic players from France or Africa because of their size, strength and speed..

I even said this time last year that Jesus Navas was the next one to be signed for big money when he had been available for cheap for the past few years.. I think someone said he's no different to Aaron Lennon which made me laugh..

I'm just glad Arsenal have finally gone back to the smaller more skillful players.. Their midfielders in Cazorla, Rosicky, Ramsey, Wilshire, Arteta, Flamini and Ozil is really good in depth and quality.. Then they've got speedy wingers in Walcott and Ox.. Gerourd is having a great season and looks a really good player with the ball at his feet, but as has been mentioned, they have no real replacement for him if he gets injured..

If Giroud get's injured they're in **** street. Getting a team playing is fine but you need to have a squad that can be drafted in when needed. If they tail off questions will be asked about what the hell happened this Summer.

Keep him fit though, and they're contenders.

Still putting my money on United.

If Giroud get's injured they're in **** street. Getting a team playing is fine but you need to have a squad that can be drafted in when needed. If they tail off questions will be asked about what the hell happened this Summer.

Keep him fit though, and they're contenders.

Still putting my money on United.

You are joking ? Chelsea will IMO with City 2nd.

You are joking ? Chelsea will IMO with City 2nd.

United beat Arsenal and they're within 5 points of them. That's a draw and a defeat away. They're in decent form, albeit against opposition lower in the league, but a good result on Sunday and they're right back in the mix, IMO. Christmas is fairly kind to them too.

It's their midfield that could let them down. Upfront they're brilliant and have strength in depth.

Man Utd are contenders for sure..

I would have ruled them out but let's be honest, the other top teams such as Chelsea, Man City and Spurs continue to drop points..

Over the past 5 years the top 2 have been getting 80 plus points to win the league..

This season I don't think 1st place will even get 80 points, so a poor Man Utd side with 70 odd points (which would be unthinkable if Fergie was still there) can quite easily win the league..

All it will take is one team at the top to put together a realy good run and get points against the other big sides and the title is theirs.. Chelsea look a good bet.. They've already played the likes of Everton, Spurs and Man Utd away so the fixture list definitely suits them.. 

United beat Arsenal and they're within 5 points of them. That's a draw and a defeat away. They're in decent form, albeit against opposition lower in the league, but a good result on Sunday and they're right back in the mix, IMO. Christmas is fairly kind to them too.

It's their midfield that could let them down. Upfront they're brilliant and have strength in depth.

Agree with you there. Rooney is having his best season in years. But its their Midfield like you say that needs sorting.

Do people forget they have Lucas Podolski to come back in the next couple of weeks or simply not rate him? He's a phenomenal player and if Giroud can see them through with some points in their next two PL fixtures he'll have cover and they can rotate through the holiday period.

Also Arsenal probably have the ability to play either the counter attacking or possession style better than any other team when you look at the assets they have.

Imagine chasing the current midfield for 70 mins in the cold in January and then they throw on Ox and Walcott? You'd just want to go home. 

If you asked who i'd want at Derby tomorrow i'd take Wenger over Ferguson any day.

Archived