Steve McClaren

David

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy with this. He's got Derby connections, was with us during our most recent successful period and will have a point to prove. I'd take him over Pulis...

Me too....Did well at Boro and Twente, lets be honest he has to be alright to get the England job in the first place!!!

Annoyed that Nige has gone as it was a crap move by the board IMHO, but would be the best of a bad bunch of options at the moment

changed your tune notts. Could be better the devil you know. I always thought steve did well at Derby although it was under jim smith. When he left we did nothing but slide.

I thought McClaren did well at Derby too, but as a coach, not a manager. I really dont think he has the credentials to be a good manager as his patchy track record shows

McClaren's CV is head and shoulders above anyone else we could attract. Shows real ambition by the club and hints that some money may be available to spend in Jan. I expect to see our young players to really kick on under McClaren's coaching. To people saying he's not a good manager, take a look at West Brom's philosophy - they've had Head Coaches for years and they're not doing too bad.... 

McClaren's CV is head and shoulders above anyone else we could attract. Shows real ambition by the club and hints that some money may be available to spend in Jan. I expect to see our young players to really kick on under McClaren's coaching. To people saying he's not a good manager, take a look at West Brom's philosophy - they've had Head Coaches for years and they're not doing too bad.... 

So long as they arn't sold in January

He has won a cup, he has won titles abroad, people talk about this great work Clough has done with the academy even though its actually so far produced some good young champ players well Boros academy that McClaren set up produced Downing, Adam Johnson, Wheater, Cattermole, Turnbell and many other who play in the prem or the championship.

current odds according to william hill

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/search/?ShowOcNames=0&sCriteria=derby+manager

4/7 - steve mclaren

6/4 - tony pulis

12/1 -  michael appleton

14/1 - Rene Meulensteen

non of the likely ones catch my eye to be honest, i really thought clough going would be a step forward, but IMO, with the current favourites i wish he had stayed

Archived