Joe

NFL thread

1,848 posts in this topic

Question for the hardened NFL fans on here, do they change jerseys every year like we change kits? 

Can't see owt on the old google. 

On 4/29/2017 at 12:21, Mr Tibbs said:

Question for the hardened NFL fans on here, do they change jerseys every year like we change kits? 

I could hardly call myself hardened (ooer) - but there aren't really 'designs' to kits as you see in football. Tends to stick to mostly the franchise colours as a home kit, with an inverse, or mostly white in case of clash.

The biggest differences you see are the designs on some franchises' player names/numbers

Mr Tibbs likes this

On 29/04/2017 at 12:21, Mr Tibbs said:

6 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I could hardly call myself hardened (ooer) - but there aren't really 'designs' to kits as you see in football. Tends to stick to mostly the franchise colours as a home kit, with an inverse, or mostly white in case of clash.

The biggest differences you see are the designs on some franchises' player names/numbers

The jerseys changed a couple of years ago when Nike took over manufacturing from Reebok. Although the designs didn't change much at all, as Animal says, it tends to be team colours with a trim on shoulder at most.

Teams will have up to 2 alternative coloured jerseys for matchups away from home. Agai, design won't vary, it will be colours that change.

They've introduced Color Rush kits for some teams now, that they wear for one off games a season. Not completely sure why, but there is definitely a reason why.

I do like this about American football jerseys, I've got a Giants home blue one from 10 years ago, and an away white one from 4 seasons ago, and I can wear either and it will be similar to what they will wear this season. Whether Nike will start to intro new jersey designs as standard for money reasons though...

Mr Tibbs likes this

Good point about the colour rush - sometimes they'll do special kits for things like cancer awareness or Veterans' Day

r4derby likes this

On 01/05/2017 at 08:26, r4derby said:

The jerseys changed a couple of years ago when Nike took over manufacturing from Reebok. Although the designs didn't change much at all, as Animal says, it tends to be team colours with a trim on shoulder at most.

Teams will have up to 2 alternative coloured jerseys for matchups away from home. Agai, design won't vary, it will be colours that change.

They've introduced Color Rush kits for some teams now, that they wear for one off games a season. Not completely sure why, but there is definitely a reason why.

I do like this about American football jerseys, I've got a Giants home blue one from 10 years ago, and an away white one from 4 seasons ago, and I can wear either and it will be similar to what they will wear this season. Whether Nike will start to intro new jersey designs as standard for money reasons though...

The colour rush kits are for the Thursday night televised games and it's something to do with HDTV I think?

Edit to above. A rule from black and white to days was that teams had to have a white jersey as well as their franchise colours to allow for fans to easily see the difference on TV

recentky they've started a colour v colour where both teams where there franchise colours and ColorRush is a step further by having teams where special uniforms for certain games which are predominantly one colour (unlike most franchises two colour themes)

Redskins have signed Bob Marley's grandson..

..and I hope you like jammin' too