Leicester v derby

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think the club should ban them us season ticket holders should get first dips. and you guys after because were the ones who pay the ******* money.

erm, I'm a season ticket holder too mate. With a £30 gold card membership though.

Like I said,

You have a choice, moan about it and miss out, or bite the bullet and get a membership.

It's the biggest game of the season.

i think the club should ban them us season ticket holders should get first dips. and you guys after because were the ones who pay the ******* money.

Please explain why though. Your season ticket entitles you to regular seat at Pride Park at a discounted rate. Why should it also entitle you to 1 away ticket a season?

Just pay the 30 pound....if you REALLY are that crazy mad about it, otherwise, shut up moaning about it....the guys that HAVE paid their 30 pound, know right from the moment they pay it that it is only there to guarantee them a ticket at the pig sty, but they pay it, because they really want to go....fair play to them.

I can't stand all this, "i have a season ticket so i am entitled to everything"....no you are not, you are entitled to your seat every other week for all the home games.....just like you paid for.

Just pay the 30 pound....if you REALLY are that crazy mad about it, otherwise, shut up moaning about it....the guys that HAVE paid their 30 pound, know right from the moment they pay it that it is only there to guarantee them a ticket at the pig sty, but they pay it, because they really want to go....fair play to them.

I can't stand all this, "i have a season ticket so i am entitled to everything"....no you are not, you are entitled to your seat every other week for all the home games.....just like you paid for.

how dare you post a load of sense to a season ticket holder? He deserves every away ticket possible.

Also was he there at Cardiff or Middlesbrough on Tuesday nights? Then he'd deserve one..

are

This, no doubt won't be well-received but I've had a go at writing about the Derby–Leicester rivalry before my holiday last week.

Thoughts, appreciated but can we spare the usual ******** please? 

http://thechriswhitingshow.wordpress.com/2013/09/01/the-dying-derby-with-derby/

Well written but yet again an attempt by a Leicester fan to portray a rivalry that's dying equally on both sides. The fact is 90% of Derby fans have never cared about Leicester - that may have changed briefly in & around 1994 but that was a brief flicker. I would wager the % of Leicester fans who dislike Derby to be much higher. We know, you know it. Your attempts to "generate" a rivalry with Coventry are embarrassing, your attempts to engage Forest into some sort of rivalry are embarrassing.

I lived in Leicester for a few years around the turn of the millennium -it genuinely confused me when I first moved there & the locals got abusive about me wearing my top in & around the city. I just assumed it wasn't a problem. I also remember going in your double decker home end at Filbert Street (v Wimbledon about 1998) listening to your hardcore singing "we hate Derby c**ts" with the same sort of passion we save for Forest. I can assure you that we have no songs about Leicester. At all.

Your last paragraph is fairly spot on though - it probably is a superiority complex on behalf of Derby fans (& Forest). Like it or not & many on here won't, Derby's rivalry with Forest is based on mutual respect from both sides of each other's achievements. Sure, it manifests itself as loathing & disdain but lets face it, you wouldn't bother hating something or someone that wasn't "important" or that didn't arouse deep feelings or emotions.

Again you won't like this but Leicester just don't have the history or the major trophies & therefore get little respect from us. Sorry.

Well written but yet again an attempt by a Leicester fan to portray a rivalry that's dying equally on both sides. The fact is 90% of Derby fans have never cared about Leicester - that may have changed briefly in & around 1994 but that was a brief flicker. I would wager the % of Leicester fans who dislike Derby to be much higher. We know, you know it. Your attempts to "generate" a rivalry with Coventry are embarrassing, your attempts to engage Forest into some sort of rivalry are embarrassing.

I lived in Leicester for a few years around the turn of the millennium -it genuinely confused me when I first moved there & the locals got abusive about me wearing my top in & around the city. I just assumed it wasn't a problem. I also remember going in your double decker home end at Filbert Street (v Wimbledon about 1998) listening to your hardcore singing "we hate Derby c**ts" with the same sort of passion we save for Forest. I can assure you that we have no songs about Leicester. At all.

Your last paragraph is fairly spot on though - it probably is a superiority complex on behalf of Derby fans (& Forest). Like it or not & many on here won't, Derby's rivalry with Forest is based on mutual respect from both sides of each other's achievements. Sure, it manifests itself as loathing & disdain but lets face it, you wouldn't bother hating something or someone that wasn't "important" or that didn't arouse deep feelings or emotions.

Again you won't like this but Leicester just don't have the history or the major trophies & therefore get little respect from us. Sorry.

Spot on .

Yeah, LCR is just right there. 

I'm one of three Derby fans in my school (based in Loughborough) and was the only one in my last School based in Leicester, which says a lot for how often Derby and Leicester fans interact.

It's even worse as for the last few seasons there's never really been much competition. We go into every game expecting to lose to them, there's no real excitement to it. With Forest we'd sell out whatever the result was gong to be, not the same passion with Leicester. Simple as that.

In all honesty. the majority of Leicester fans have the same attitude towards Coventry that you have towards us. Unless you live near Coventry, you don't give a jot. I'd be willing to agree that Derby fans are less bothered by the 'rivalry' then we are but I have to say most Leicester fans are now apathetic. I'm not sure you can speak for Forest. Granted, your rivalry with them is far fiercer than ours but I would have to say in my experience Leicester and Forest have a rivalry of their own, especially between fans of Loughborough, Melton Mowbray etc. Forest seem to have this remarkable ability to sing songs about us, hate us when they win, revel and our misfortunes at every opportunity and simultaneously not care. 

I can't say, I really understand your superiority complex. Granted Leicester-Derby and Leicester-Forest won't be as fierce as Forest-Derby until something extraordinary between the two happens but I don't know why, Derby in particular disregard the opportunity to have another rivalry?

The last part is extremely condescending, we are a nearly club and have failed on countless occasions to win the two major English trophies but it's not like we're lower league regulars. We've only spent one season outside the top two tiers, and we won the league in that season. I realise the League Cup is less prestigious but we've still won it three times and no matter your definition is considered a 'major trophy'. In all honesty, I'd imagine there are some Derby fans who really don't care, less Leicester fans who feel the same, some who do care and some who pretend not to.

The most mind-boggling thing of it all is your rivalry with Leeds. YOU don't care? Pot, kettle, black?

Archived