Motson tops list of fans' favourite sports commentators and pundits of all time... but does Savage really belong in the top 10?

David

I can't imagine why anybody would want to listen to anything at all from the mouth of Robbie Savage.

It says a lot about the world of football that there are so few actual journalists on the lists and so many chancers getting a gig simply on the grounds that they are former players rather than their abilities with the spoken word.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarke Carlisle's coverage of the Europa League on ITV4 is by far the worst summarising I have ever heard.

"... a wonderful first touch. The way he brought it down and then got off his shot was top quality"

It was a volley that went 10 yards high and wide. Made me laugh last night.

"... a wonderful first touch. The way he brought it down and then got off his shot was top quality"

It was a volley that went 10 yards high and wide. Made me laugh last night.

I loved the part where he was trying to talk about Defoe's goals to games ratio and was just stumbling around without actually having any figures.

Oh, well.. 

Gary Neville should be there, the amount of insight he has brought to sky is huge for me

and, Jamie Carragher will be there in the future - class pundit. Just says everything is 'awful' 'embarrassing' and loves a reference to his own illustrious penalty kick missing 3rd choice cnuting career  :)

I read the Gary Neville sentence, and hit 'like'. I then read the Jamie Carragher part - lol - that undid the like for me.

I read the Gary Neville sentence, and hit 'like'. I then read the Jamie Carragher part - lol - that undid the like for me.

Jamie Carragher is largely sarcastic - only seen him once and he just moaned like buggery and saying 'I'd of never got away with.. blah, blah, blah' 

Neville however, is very good. 

I have no idea what he's called but whoever spoke the following -

"Here's Callaghan. Confronted by Dixon, who's left him with a bit of space. And he might yet pay for that! Here's Gee! SCREAMER!!!"

Is a funking genius!!!

If you have no idea what I'm going on about, you have my sympathies...

Archived