Bournemouth Air Festival

froggg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had one up here a few weeks ago, noisey sods. We have the government saying how we should use cars less, share cars if you have to, use bikes blah blah then they let these air shows go on burning fuel just so people can stand there and go oooooooh plane like they've never seen one before.

No problem with planes transporting people round the world on business or holiday but flying round in circles for what?

And the Red Arrows, please explain the point behind a fleet of red planes that chuck smoke out and fly in formation, I'd much rather see a load of women in red bikinis walking around in formation twerking.

Had one up here a few weeks ago, noisey sods. We have the government saying how we should use cars less, share cars if you have to, use bikes blah blah then they let these air shows go on burning fuel just so people can stand there and go oooooooh plane like they've never seen one before.

No problem with planes transporting people round the world on business or holiday but flying round in circles for what?

And the Red Arrows, please explain the point behind a fleet of red planes that chuck smoke out and fly in formation, I'd much rather see a load of women in red bikinis walking around in formation twerking.

The odd air show is water off a duck's back though to the environment, Bournemouth Air Show will not kill a polar bear, I can 100% promise you that.

It's like pollution, if everyone went and did a poo in the River Trent, it would turn brown and kill all the fish. However, if just you decided to go down and take a poo in the river nothing would happen in the grand scheme of things.

It's like people who complain about F1 being bad for the environment, they can all do one, if they seriously think 22 cars going round for an hour and a half 20 times a year is causing the green house effect they don't deserve an opinion on the matter.

The odd air show?

17 in July

http://www.airshows.org.uk/2013/calendar/july.html

26 in August

http://www.airshows.org.uk/2013/calendar/august.html

F1 creates thousands of jobs worldwide.

It's still nothing, I promise you. If all the airshows worldwide contributed to even .000000000000001% of pollution I'd be shocked, for a start many plains in air shows don't use jet fuel, and they don't fly half way across the world like thousands of jet planes do every single day. Then there's the billions of cars worldwide as well. And they're not made out of nothing, most of the pollution in a car's life comes from it being manufactured so you can add that too. And all the factories in China with no anti-pollution regulations to stop them spouting stuff in the air. Then there's trains and ships too, power stations....it's such a small thing in the grand scheme of things. In fact, I bet football matches are worse, think about those massive floodlights with thousands of matches being played across the globe every single night.

The aviation industry also produces jobs worldwide, you need people to build the planes and run them.

As for F1, yes there's thousands of jobs but well over half of them are in the south of this country.

By the way I'm not a green person, save the trees, don't use Lynx smell like **** kinda guy. I just find air shows utterly pointless and was trying to find anything I can pick on them for. Pollution is the first thing that popped in my head, I often speak then think after.

I do find the Red Arrows more pointless than the Queens Corgi's tho.

I'm the same, I'm not massive on airshows. But I love motorsport and it's a similar thing, you can't defend one without defending the other.

People ask me all the time why I watch cars just go round a circuit, especially when you see cars every day. Same thing as why people think just watching planes fly in the sky is a waste of time. That's always going to be your opinion unless you appreciation the machines you're paying to watch.

As for motor racing, nothing I hate more than people taking a cheap swipe by playing the environmental card.

I'm the same, I'm not massive on airshows. But I love motorsport and it's a similar thing, you can't defend one without defending the other.

People ask me all the time why I watch cars just go round a circuit, especially when you see cars every day. Same thing as why people think just watching planes fly in the sky is a waste of time. That's always going to be your opinion unless you appreciation the machines you're paying to watch.

As for motor racing, nothing I hate more than people taking a cheap swipe by playing the environmental card.

Motor racing and air shows are two different things, motor racing is a sport, I'm not going to guess at numbers and figures but the jobs it creates pumps money into thousands of family's pockets across the country, for, the drivers down to the guys that make the rubber for the tyres.

Even the betting on F1 creates jobs and they pump money into advertising and sponsorship elsewhere.

Air shows tend to be free or a fiver at the gate, a few burger vans and local buisnesses will benefit, others won't. I know Cleethorpes was packed, great if you sell food or drink but not those that repair computers or cut hair.

They both go round in "circles" but that's where the comparison really ends.

Do F1 help raise money to help support over 500 charities like the Red Arrows do?

They might do, I dunno.

I like motor sports btw, so don't anybody shout at me. I'm just saying.

Good on F1, I didn't know they'd done that for GOS. That gets my vote.

The Red Arrows are great for that too :-).

I guess they are both very different but try and do good for this country?

Our display team set off this morning down there, receiving the jets tomorrow.

If I wasn't in the RAF I'd probably appreciate airshows a bit more. Gets abit samey after seeing it every day of your working life. Highly annoying when they practice at the crack of dawn when you've just finished nights too.

The odd air show is water off a duck's back though to the environment, Bournemouth Air Show will not kill a polar bear, I can 100% promise you that.

It's like pollution, if everyone went and did a poo in the River Trent, it would turn brown and kill all the fish. However, if just you decided to go down and take a poo in the river nothing would happen in the grand scheme of things.

It's like people who complain about F1 being bad for the environment, they can all do one, if they seriously think 22 cars going round for an hour and a half 20 times a year is causing the green house effect they don't deserve an opinion on the matter.

am I the only one who spotted this absolute comedy gem of a sentence? :lol:

Archived