Chris Martin review

Mostyn6

I was expecting Russell to be the star player and personally I would have started the season with him and Sammon. If Martin can continue the rest of the season at the same level then he will be a shoe in for Player of the year.

Also, after seeing Sammon play last night I don't know how people in the other thread were saying he's no better than Theo. His first touch, movement, positioning and finishing were all excellent. I think dropping him has given him a shock and he looks better than he ever was last season.

I think we have 3 top championship strikers this season and I'd expect them to all get double figures this season. If Freeman and Buxton carry on at the same level, and Keogh pulls his socks up and cuts out the mistakes we can definitely acheive top 6 this season.

That's easy. Simply, he's never once shown anything like what he did last night.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it really bother people how easily he goes down? Never bothers me. Not with Commons or Cywka or Ward. Anyone. I get irritated for a few moments if they waste a decent play by going down but I forget about it within 10mins.

I hated the diving moaning cheat when he came here with Norwich and Palace.

I think, struggling for memory... but I think Norwich beat us 2-1 at home and it was Martin's blatant dive and then cross from the following free kick that Holt scored. He was booed for the rest of the game. And he carried on winning cheap free kicks. Cnut

s'pose it's a bit like sav - like them when the cheating and nonsense goes your way - hate them when it doesn't.

nice to see sammon play off the striker and actually be in the box receiving the ball rather than being up front on his own running around like a tit.

(feel a bit sorry for B4 - current form/players available would put calum way down the list.)

Sammon was excellent last night, wonder if competition has sharpened his game/attitude up! Keep it up anyway.

Also Keogh had been excellent the last two games, freeman had been the star man for me so far. Buxton has been ok and not done much wrong without doing a lot right for me. Forsyth similarly has had positives as well as negatives!

Our midfield is always of a decent standard, Russell looks sharp and promising! Very encouraging start in my opinion

I spoke to a Norwich fan about him after the weekend and he said he was a big time Charlie up there with his drinking and partying. Seems to have calmed down a bit here then.

Or he was never a big-time Charlie and the fan was just speculating?

I for one will hold my hand up and say that when he was on loan, I never rated him. When he was signed permanently I thought it was an ok signing but didn't have any high hopes. His attitude from Pre-season to the opening 4 weeks of the season he has been first rate. His goalscoring return is better than expected as I believed Russell would be on the number Martin is on and vice versa. I hope he continues in the same vein.

Archived