Why the interest in Burton Albion?

David

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why but I like burton and I am interested in there results, they have become a 2nd team. It's good to see a local team that has built there way up from low down to a league club and are pushing to get into league 1. Well if they can keep Rowett who is doing a great job.

I live on the border to Swadlincote/Burton. My address says Staffordshire/Burton on Trent but my council is actually South Derbyshire/Swadlincote.

Burton is like a second team to me - I like to see them do well and they are a good run club that are run well by their chairman Ben Robinson.

Traditionally Burton are a Rugby town, that's why you'll find most supporters support Derby as we were the closest team in the Football League. This is slowly changing though and people around the town are starting to support Burton and hate on Derby.

Burton should be classed as South Derbyshire to be honest, not East Staffordshire as the A38 provides easy links to Derby and the closest town (Swadlincote) is South Derbyshire anyway. I don't see why it classed as the same county as Stoke....

Archived