Naming rights to Pride Park sold?

VulcanRam

can't we create a company called "the Baseball ground" and then buy the rights..

We could but not sure many would want to.

There was a reason why our old ground was called The Baseball Ground which would not apply to our new ground so don't really see the point.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this day and age you wouldn't get a hoarding. You'd get ten seconds of flashing on one of the electronic pitch-side boards and if you're lucky you'd get to sponsor added time.

But mobiles have got advertising on the pitch next to both goals haven't they?

'd/13/08/29/atajevuq' alt='Posted Image' class='bbc_img' />

It's Pride Park Stadium, because it is the stadium on Pride Park.

Whilst I loved, and preferred, the Baseball Ground, I would have never have been happy about it being renamed.

Same goes for Pride Park. Why mortgage our future history for a quick buck?  It just shows the lack of integrity in the sport at the minute.

Why not call it the Red Bull Stadium and change our name to the Derby Red Bulls whilst we're at it?

Initially i didn't think i cared about selling off the naming rights but i'm coming round to being against it. Especially if it's a direct sponsorship - McCocaPower Stadium or whatever.

However, i wouldnt necessarily be against a company long-term sponsoring a name change to something good and representative of our history though, in the same light as the gordon guthrie stand... But i think that would be tough to pull off tastefully so it might as well stay what it is!

However, times have changed - I always remember as a kid being excited about Derby vs Leicester being billed as the main game, however when it started Gary Newbon informed us they were unable to show that match due to Derby's keeper (Roger Jones?) having worn a shirt with a sponsor on.

However, times have changed - I always remember as a kid being excited about Derby vs Leicester being billed as the main game, however when it started Gary Newbon informed us they were unable to show that match due to Derby's keeper (Roger Jones?) having worn a shirt with a sponsor on.

SAAB I believe.

I'd rather have a meaning to our ground, but, erm - Pride Park has always embarrassed me. I can't stand it. 

Really?

I couldnt think of even changing the name pride park, went to my first game not long after it was built it's all i know! :p, they shouldnt be able to change the name of long established things i just hope we dont even get into a situation like hull, can see us being known at the Derby County Tigers or some random **** like that.

It's Pride Park Stadium, because it is the stadium on Pride Park.

Whilst I loved, and preferred, the Baseball Ground, I would have never have been happy about it being renamed.

Same goes for Pride Park. Why mortgage our future history for a quick buck?  It just shows the lack of integrity in the sport at the minute.

Why not call it the Red Bull Stadium and change our name to the Derby Red Bulls whilst we're at it?

Thing is money talks......

So you're willing to sell it to fund one player that won't be anywhere near premiership standard?

This is worse than I thought.

The stadium name has no meaning its named after a business retail area.

As I have said though I would be bothered if we had some dodgy name like the Wonga stadium.

Surely the most important thing is having the best 11 players realistically possible.

It has got meaning mate, mostly to those under 25 but it's got plenty of meaning. I just find it disappointing that people are willing to sell a name of a building ffs, so some tosser can say look at me...

If we need to sell the Pride Park name to fund a player then we really are f*cked.

• 2 weeks later...

Good ground name..

Good sponsorship deal name with big money

average name (like Derby stadium)

average sponsor name with average money

Poor sponsorship deal..

Pride Park.

The Forest Fakes stadium - slightly worse than pride park.

that would be my preference.

Naming rights to an Australian football stadium were bought once by a mobile phone company called Crazy John's. They're still around, I can give them a call if you like.

Archived